18

"How's your head?" She asked once they were up in the morning.

"It's ok. Still hurts a little. Not as bad as yesterday. How long was I out by the way?" He asked. She was cautious in telling him. She knew he'd be taken aback by it.

"A little over a week."

"Jeez. I'm so sorry babe. I should have fought harder to wake up sooner. You were alone for so long."

"Sam, don't be sorry. Listen to yourself. You couldn't control when you woke up. It's ok. I wasn't alone. I had Dean......So, um. Can we just spend time with the kids today and then talk about everything tonight? I really need to talk about all this."

"Sure. I'm here for you." He replied. The kids were playing in Tristan's room when they got up. Avery and Sam knocked gently then went in.

"Mommy! Sammy!" Audrey exclaimed.

"I'm glad you're back." Tristan added. They wrapped the kids in hugs. Sam suddenly clutched his head.

"Are you ok, dad?" Tristan asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I got hurt pretty bad on this hunt. I'll be ok." He assured but the pain wasn't subsiding. He was still groaning in pain.

"Babe, come on. You gotta lay down." Avery insisted. She helped him back to bed and he laid there hoping the pain would go away.

"Go finish talking to the kids. I'll be ok." She nodded and went back to them.

"He'll be ok. He and Dean got really hurt. Dean's mostly healed, but Sam keeps getting waves of headaches. I was planning on hanging out with you guys today but-" she started.

"Mommy, go be with dad. He's hurt. Where's Dean?" Tristan asked.

"Um, if he's not downstairs, he's still asleep." Tristan nodded. "I'm glad Bobby took good care of you two. We missed you."

"We missed you too." They both replied. Avery went to her room where Sam was still clutching his head in pain.

"Sammy." She started as she walked in. "Are you ok? You weren't in nearly this much pain last night."

"I'm worried. What if he nicked me enough to turn me? I didn't notice any cuts but that doesn't mean anything. Maybe this is a sign I'm turning. I don't know." He commented.

"You aren't turning, Sam. Relax. He didn't make a scratch on you. He just threw you into a wall. Dean was cut a lot and even he's not turning. It's not that. I just don't get why you're suddenly getting worse headaches. You're getting really hot too." She replied.

"I don't know either." He stated. She went to the bathroom and got a washcloth wet with cold water. She held it to his forehead and dabbed it on the rest of his face. It helped some. "Babe. Why are you taking care of me so much? You could be playing with the kids and hanging out with Dean and Bobby." He asked after a good half hour of her helping him.

"First off, Dean's not up yet. Second, I'm taking care of you because I love you. You're hurt and I'm here for you. You'd do the same for me." She explained. He nodded.

"Do me a favor. Go check on Dean. It's getting late and I'd think he'd be up by now." Sam insisted. Avery nodded and went to Dean's room. She knocked and their was no answer. She opened the door and walked in.

"Dean?" She asked as she entered. He didn't respond. Then she saw him. He was on the floor passed out. She rushed to his side and woke him up. "Dean?" She asked again, tears brimming.

"Avery? What happened?" She looked around and saw a few empty beer bottles.

"Dean, you were passed out on the floor. I'm pretty sure you got drunk last night. Why'd you push yourself so hard? You're still recovering." Avery inquired.