On My Way to Rock Your World

ENGLAND| 10AM| DADDY'S COUNTRY HOME

I reach Daddy's home in the countryside. I go to the courtyard and I see his kids from his new wife (he's on his third one) playing. I wave at them and they wave at me. Such innocence. I go to the door and knock it. Betty (the third wife) opens it.

"Hello Betty", I say and the willowy woman hugs me. She's got to be in her thirties. I'll turn 31 in two months. Mother has been after me to get married since I turned 26. Oh the horror.

"Call me mom", she said and I shuddered inside. No fucking way. I just nod.

"Where is daddy, Betty?" I say and she said he's in the study and he'll be out and she calls for him.

"JAMES! JAMIE! SUSAN'S HERE" I don't really like her. Blonde, blue eyed and model-type. Daddy does have a type. He comes down descending from the steps.

"SUZIE!" he exclaims and hugs me and I hug him back.

"Daddy! How are you?" I say and he gives me the biggest, most cheery grin I'd ever seen.

"I'm great Suzie. Why do you come back when you have to leave?" Daddy pouted.

"Daddy you know I have to go back. Mother is okay with it."

"Why do you care what your mother wants. Do what you want. Stay."

" I do want to go. It was my idea. Patrick would get the promotion and mother would be happy."

"God you're old!" Daddy said and we laughed. I now see why mother liked him. That easy going charm and style.

"Well are you sure?" Daddy asked.

"Yes I do want to go to New York."

"I meant about Patrick but I'm glad you want to go back."

"What about Patrick? It's been almost six years. We're engaged to be married. I thought you liked him daddy."

"I do. Very much. He's a fetching young lad. Just not the one for you."

"Oh really. And who do you think is the one?"

"You know the answer."

"People have got to stop saying that."

"Tell me why are you going to New York? The truth. The Susan I know wouldn't let people let influence her decision. Be honest."

"Fine. I want to see him."

And I see Betty making an "OMG" face.

"Well he had an accident and now he's comatose."

"Bollocks. Why are you here then? Go on. Fly."

"Daddy it was a messy breakup. I don't think I should see him. I love Patrick too. It's weird."

"Dearie!" Betty said while putting the pot roast on the table and calling her kids inside. "If I may" she interjected and I nodded.

"If you have feelings for some other man when you're with someone then you should just end it with the man you're with. If you really loved him you wouldn't think of someone else."

"Wow Betty! I mean just wow! The whole lot of you. How can you just tell me to break it off with Patrick?"

"Well the decision is yours. You only live once right?!" Betty cheerfully said while serving the roast. As she brought the veggies daddy and I said "NO" together and we laughed. I am my father's daughter.

After an hour Patrick calls me to tell me that he's leaving for the airport so I should leave too. I get up to leave. Betty gives me a gift.

"From me and your father." I try to open it and she stops me. "Not now. For later silly."

Daddy comes near me and kisses my forehead.

"Give your mother my love. Now off you go." He said and the kiddies (my half brother and sister) hugged me. "Byeee" they cooed and I kissed them and I left.

I meet Patrick in two hours at the airport and in another hour we board our flight to New York. We'll reach there late at night. I have butterflies in my tummy. I ring Connor up but he doesn't pick it up.

Oh well. Goodbye London.

-x-

NEW YORK| 10AM| ST PETER'S HOSPITAL

~Q's POV~

It's been three days now and Sal is lying still on the bed. His parents and sister and I take turns to stay but I can't look at him not only because I can't bear to see him like this but also because I've lied and cheated on my best friend. I look at him. Lying there. So peaceful.

Connor and Oliver are kind of in a fight. Oliver hates it that he's in touch with Susan. I've been in touch with Connor. I know he dislikes me but we both want Salvatore and Susan to be together. I've turned over a new leaf. I mean I still love her but she and Sal belong together and I'm gonna make it happen.

I call Connor's phone. Oliver picks it up.

"Hey Q" Oliver's voice booms from the phone. How is he always so cheery and active?

"Hey Oliver. Connor there?"

"Yeah. Hold a sec. Aye Con."

Connor gets the phone. "Yes Brian"

"Connor. Did you hear from her yet. She boarded the plane?"

"Yeah she rang me up. It was around 8AM. The time difference and all."

"Are you sure she loves Sal?"

"I know she loves Sal. I know her better than herself. Are you sure you wanna bring them together?"

"What do you mean? Of course."

"Well given your history and everything. Do you still love her man?"

"I'm not going to lie to you because somehow you know everything. Yes I'll always love that girl but I know we can never be and Sal is the best for her. I love her so I want to see her happy and she'll be happy with Sal. But she's engaged. What's up with that?"

"Oh Patrick? Oh he's perfection. But Sal and her belong together."

"I don't want to be the homewrecker again Connor."

"I know what I'm doing. Are you in?"

"I'm in" I say and he disconnects.

I can't wait to see her.

...