After Three Days

It was a Wednesday when I got a text from Sal. After that encounter I really couldn't focus or think for a moment. I daydreamed instead. Of him and I.

He would come by to my place and greet me with a passionate sloppy kiss. Our tongues will do the marimba while his hands are all over me, touching me, and my hands touch him. Then I bite him and he chases me. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me close to him. Turns me around and seats me on my dining table (or some corner, I've had many of such dreams) and he pulls my hair while exploring my mouth with his mouth. I then take off his shirt and he helps me with mine. Then some more kissing. We then clear the table (or jump into my bed, you know variations and all) and have a heavy make out session. Then as I take off his pants, I hear a voice saying something like "Earth to Suze, where are you lost?", or "What the fuck is up with you these days Sue?", by a family member or a friend or a co-worker.

I work in an advertising agency as a copywriter and well I just can't think of jingles to go with a bottle of cola (or was it popsicles?). That's how lost I was. I couldn't think straight. I was lost in the thought of Sal. I was so in lust. I talked myself into getting my head in the game.

The moment I decided to let go of this fantasy, my phone rings. Sal Vulcano had texted me up.

Sal: "Hey Susan. Sal here. Wanna meet up?"

I text him back

Me: "Sure. Saturday sound good?"

He texted back instantly

Sal: "Saturday sounds perfect. Do you like Italian?"

I texted after a couple of minutes

Me: "Love it. I know the perfect place. I think you'll love it too. 7.30 ok for you?"

He replied instantly. Quick aren't we Mr Vulcano.

Sal: "Perfect. It's a date :)"

I text him to meet me at Pellegrino's Italian Restaurant on Saturday at 7.30. The restaurant has a nice ambience and the food is good. I don't know why but I was really looking forward to Saturday and meeting Sal.
My enthusiasm to mingle with the opposite sex is back and I am just so excited. I re-read the texts. I played everything so cool. I just can't wait. I squeal like a little girl inside. That's how excited I was. I still have today and Thursday and Friday to prepare for this date.

I am going on a date with Sal Vulcano.

I go to YouTube and watch a couple of Impractical Jokers clips. Damn these guys are funny as hell. I now see why they have such a fan following and how come I never watched this before. I was deeply engrossed in one of the videos when I heard a voice saying, "Oh my God, aren't they the funniest!" It was my coworker Abbie.

"I was just watching a couple of clips. I can't stop watching. Tell me more about the show will you?" I said. If anything appeals to a fan (she claims she's a "super fan") it is introducing new people to their fandoms. She went on and on about the show and the "jokers". I wanted to know about one particular joker.

Naughty thoughts creep up in my mind. I interrupt her mid conversation and ask "Are any of these fellas single?" She went in to say that except Murr and Joe the two jokers are single. That means Sal was definitely single (or more like casually dating, who knows?)

She then went on to ask "Why the sudden interest Bishop?", and I confidently replied "I may have a date with one of these gentlemen on Saturday" winking at her feeling the range of emotions I made Abbie feel. "No effing way! Who is it?", she kept on asking me and I kept delaying. This was definitely fun.

After minutes of pestering I say, "Make a guess?" She went on to guess Q (she really liked Q who in his own way seemed to me like an interesting person in his own right but somehow Sal appealed more to me) and I nodded my head in a definite no. "OH MY GOD! YOU LUCKY BITCH!", she screamed.

Before this Abbie and I never really talked unless it was about business, but today she behaved as if we were besties or something. I think fandoms do that to people. I then tell her "I am really interested in him. Oh I would love it if you give me a couple of pointers about Sal and the guys." She became all serious and said, "On one condition. Set me up with Q?", and we both giggled. People in the office look at us and we excused ourselves and went out for lunch.

Over sushi we discussed the show and the jokers. They had a broad fan base and were loved everywhere. She told me a lot about Sal and the guys and it almost felt like I knew them. She found out her broad information from the shows, their live events and the Internet. I really couldn't thank her enough and then decided to go shopping for the date. She volunteered for her help in choosing a dress for me. I think she was really more excited than me and it really took me almost an hour to convince her that I am going on a dinner with a celebrity. Abbie, when she finally believed me, was very excited and we went shopping.

We bought a red colored solid shift dress with a belt from Bloomingdales which accentuated my curves and showed some leg yet was demure which I would pair with my classic black Louboutins on Saturday evening. I would also wear minimal jewellery and maybe keep my long auburn hair open. Abbie was a great help and promised me we'll go shopping whenever. We then ended the day with chocolate chip ice cream and went back to our respective places.

Oh Saturday couldn't come soon but it did.