First Sunday With Sal

I wake up next to Sal. Our bodies entangled in the sheets. The sheets were really nice. He looks at me and says "Good morning", and kisses me. I kiss him back. It was a long passionate kiss.

He then tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and says, "I like your hair like that. You totally rock this look you know."

I say, "You mean the naked look? Sure. You're so full of shit."

He asks me if I want breakfast and I ask him if he can cook. He can't so I offered but he said he wanted to take me out. I kinda felt embarrassed because, umm... well I didn't bring a change of clothing and I really don't do the walk of shame. When I tell him this, he chuckled. Apparently he doesn't do this too. Anyways I'm a 25 year old woman and I swallow my pride and put my lingerie on. He looks at me as I put my lingerie on and he says that maybe I should cook like that in the kitchen. I tell him NO and I dress up and he dresses up and we leave. But not before we kiss and I stop him from taking my dress off.

So he takes me to this pretty little café down the street. I order a coffee and an omelette and he goes for pancakes. We talk some more.

Me: I've never really done this before Sal. I don't go around with men especially on the first date and I definitely don't go out the morning after in the same dress. I feel a bit confused because I really liked what happened yesterday. Will we meet again?

I somewhat meant it this time. What I thought would be some rebound or meaningless sex feels like something more. I feel I sounded desperate. Then he said,

Sal: I liked it too. And yes we will. In fact I was going to ask you what do you plan to do today?

Me: I don't know, go back home and laze around. Maybe work on some briefs.

Sal: Briefs? What do you do?

Me: I work in advertising. Copywriting. Working on some kind of soft drink. The usual.

Sal: That is amazing. Tell me more about you. I want to know you.

Me: There's nothing really. I'd like to know about you since clearly you're the interesting one here. How'd you land this gig?

Sal: Me and the boys, you met them right, so we started out as a comedy troupe The Tenderloins and then we started to get noticed and after a failed pilot or two we got our own show on truTV.

Me: That's some story. Some life. I'm impressed.

Sal: Oh I aim to impress ya girl.

I laugh and our food comes.

He makes me take a bite of them pancakes and boy were they heavenly. We then eat and take a walk around the place. Thank god I didn't wear something overly sexy or this wouldn't have been possible. Its a great dress. My new lucky dress. We come to a park and he looks at me and I look back.

He said, "Red is so your color, and this dress, I so want to take it off right now." I laugh and he looks at me and we kiss.

We didn't stop until we realised that someone was taking pictures and then some fans said, "looking good Sal" or something like that and honestly I was shocked. Poor Sal and what must he go through being a celebrity and all. But he actually smiled and wanted them to take more pictures. Show off. The fans then asked his autograph which he seemed to give gladly and then they asked about me. And what he told them about me shocked me...

He said we were on a date and they wanted him to wish him luck. This guy. They take a picture with us and leave. And I am at a loss for words. He then said that he absolutely loved to show me off and since technically this was the second date he'd like to have a third and maybe more. I smiled and kissed him back. He then wanted to go back and I was ok with it but I really wanted to change my clothes. So we went to mine but not before he brought some change of clothing. We would spend Sunday at my place.

Him and I.

My place.

Sunday.