Meeting My Family (PART I)

After meeting Sal's parents and hooking up in his old room (so many old feels) , we decided to hang out at his favourite places in Staten Island. He took me to a pizzeria near his old school. It was so nice to see the place  where my fiancé grew up. Fiancé. Funny word. I chuckle. He asked me what happened and I say nothing and chuckle.

We eat some delicious pizza and garlic bread. Sal apparently used to work here. Such a tight knit community. I love it how everyone around here is so close. Sal's cell beeps. Apparently Brian and Abbie are here. What? They're coming here in a few minutes. What?

They reach here in a while. Brian looks leaner. Weaker actually. Abbie looks radiant though with that haircut. They actually look good together.

"Hi guys", I say and I hug them both.

"Aye Sal", Quinn and Sal bond.

Abbie told me that they were visiting his parents. They've already met her folks (she was insistent) and today she met Quinn's parents. She said it went wonderful. She liked his family and her folks liked Quinn. Quinn can be really nice when he wants to.

"That's great you guys! What did you do these holidays?", I asked.

"We met each others' parents.", Quinn said very non chalantly not disrupting eye contact for a single second.

"So its getting serious with you guys. Great. You guys make such a wonderful couple.", I said. Why do I feel jealous right now when I have a loving fiancé like Salvatore? Vera would've smacked me right now. A woman should be anything but a whore she said.

"Well I love this one very much.", and he kissed her. Fuck you Quinn.

"Wow Quinn, I wish you guys all the best!", Sal said.

"I wish you my best Salvatore", he said looking at me. This asshole.

We ate and ate some more. When I'm nervous or angry I eat. And today I ate a lot. Sal loves women who eat. Well great. We ate and drank and then drove to our homes.

"I think they're looking for a place in Staten Island", Sal said.

"Abbie would never live there. She loves it here." Actually she'd move to Everest for Quinn but I won't say that.

"Well he wants to move in with her and nobody can get Q out of Staten."

"Do you want to move there Sal? "

"Not really. I'm happy where I am for now.", he said and held my hand. Not that I didn't like it there but I can't imagine myself living there.

"I'll talk to mother. She'll be angry but atleast she'll be glad we didn't elope.", I said.

"Well I just want to meet your family. Tell me more.", he said.

"My mother met my father at a Beatles concert. She was a Park Avenue princess and daddy was her reason of acting out. They married but they were too different so it never worked out. She then married Byron and went to her original roots. Somehow I still believe that Vera and daddy love each other even if they can't stand each other." Kinda like how I feel about Quinn. Am I projecting that relationship onto this one? Quinn does remind me of daddy though.

"Alright. Well let me know when we could meet your moms and Byron", he said.

"Sure babe", I said and we kissed.

Vera is gonna be so pissed when I call her.

.................

Its almost 11 and somehow Sal is sleeping. Must be tired. I pour myself some whiskey and light up a cigarette and call mother.

"Hey mom. It's me Sue", I said.