The Move (Getting Close to the Boys)

The presentation went really well. RXCola liked what Connor and I had to offer and all in all it was a great day. We were walking outside.

"Finally. They liked it.", I cheered.

"They had to. It's one of our best.", said Connor.

"Holidays just became so much better.", I said.

"Yes. Speaking about holidays, what's your plan? You hangin' with Sal?", Connor asked.

"Yeah. Actually I'm having a Christmas party. You could bring Oliver?", I insisted. Connor is a total party person.

"Alright.", he said.

"I'll text you the details. I'd love to meet the one who's responsible for this silly smile of yours.", I say patting his back.

"Yes I'll bring Oliver. Maybe I'll meet Sal who's responsible for this glow. You all dolled up for him right?", he asked chuckling.

"I'm moving in with him today Con. The guys are helping me move.", I say.

"What guys?", he asked.

"Joe, Murr, and Q? Watch the damn show Connor.", I say.

"Isn't Abbie dating that Q guy?", he asked.

"How'd you know?", I asked.

"She won't shut up about Q. I think she really likes this one.", he said. Abbie and Connor almost never talk so this is kinda surprising.

"It's too early to say. Who loves anyone these days?", I say.

"Do you love this Sal guy?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Do you love Oliver?", I reply raising my eyebrow.

We both don't really say anything. Connor and I didn't have great experiences with men and maybe this is the one keyword which binds us together. That and our penchant for clothes and shoes and bags and finer things. Connor has been my rock in the toughest times yet somehow I can't tell him about my problem with Quinn.

"I probably shouldn't say this but you probably shouldn't move in with Sal if you're having doubts.", he said.

"I have no doubts. Its not that serious I guess. We're two consenting adults and we're having so much fun right now. He even asked me if I wanted to meet his parents. What does that mean Connor?", I ask.

"Oh girl, he loves you. Loves you enough to introduce you to the family. Definitely serious. You can still back out you know.", he said.

"You think so? I love him you know. I really do. He treats me so well and frankly its a refreshing change than being treated like a piece of tissue. I think he may be the one.", I say. Connor's eyes widened.

"You deserve to be treated well. Everyone does. Just don't rush into things. Remember Vernon?", he said.

"Vernon who?", and we both laughed.

"So do you want a ride?", he asked.

"I'll catch a cab. Don't worry.", I said.