Meeting My Parents (PART II)

~*SAL'S POV*~

I am actually so nervous right now. Susan looks beautiful as usual in her pretty white dress and golden heels. She looks beautiful. I am fumbling with my tie so she helps me. It already feels like we're married. From what I know of her past and her parents I have to make a stellar impression. We get ready and leave.

We drive for about an hour and reach the mansion. Obviously I thought it'd be big but this is too much. It's official. I'm engaged to a park avenue princess except she believes in making her own way and I want to make her my queen. We enter the mansion. It was mostly white and golden with black delicate patterns and dark furniture. She definitely comes from money. I understood that when I saw her for the first time. It's easy to find out the rich girls in the crowd. They have a certain ease about them. But my girl is an independent spirit and I love that about her. Would her parents even accept me?

We are greeted by a maid. Funny. I was expecting a butler. So everyone here is on a tight leash. Susan makes a joke and Vera comes out. She doesn't look old at all and can easily pass off for Susan's elder sister. How old can she be? She's tall and statuesque. Model pretty. Doesn't look one bit like Susan.

"So you must be Salvatore. You are a handsome lad I must say. And very funny. Yes I watched the show", Vera said. It's nice to know she liked it.

"Thank you Mrs Montgomery.", I said. She seems like a real nice lady. I wonder what problems did she and Susan ever have.

"Byron will be joining us soon. He's in his study. Would you guys like a drink?", Vera asked.

"Juice for me. Sal?", Susan said. I am kinda nervous but hey its almost 6 pm.

"Whiskey", I said. Something to calm the nerves down. Plus they may have some good whiskey.

"Come on in", Vera said and we went into the living room. The mansion was magnificent. Why wouldn't Susan want to date some preppy jock instead of some random guy from Staten Island trying to make it on his own?

"So Salvatore have you always been a comedian?", Vera asked. Many people ask us about it.

"I have a Bachelors in Finance and worked in a big firm over at Wall Street a couple of years ago. I did improv and comedy as a side thing until I realised I want to pursue comedy full time. So we pitched our show to the network and here I am.", I said. Vera actually looked impressed.

"I am actually glad you followed your heart. I like people who follow their heart. I watched your show. I really liked it and I don't watch TV. You actually told on live national television that you're dating my daughter. That takes guts. We liked it. We approve." Wait what? They approve? NICE.

"Byron saw the show?", Susan exclaimed.

"Yes he liked it. The family watches it. I think it's going to be a huge success yes. Look Byron is here." And Byron walked in. If somebody like Vera thinks our show would be a hit then she must be right. And her parents saw that episode? Oh man.

"Hello Susan", Byron hugged Susan, "You must be Salvatore." He said. The dude is like an embodiment of all the goals any guy has ever planned.

"Good evening sir", I said.

"Son, call me Byron. Susan does.", Byron said looking at Susan. Seriously though what issues can these people have. They don't seem unreasonable or snobbish at all. Byron and I enjoy our whiskey

"Not this again.", I heard Suze mutter and Vera making a face. Ah! They do have unresolved problems.

"Well I'm glad you liked the show. I really do. That's where Susan and I met.", I said. I really really want them to like me.