Chapter 19: "YOU ARE..."

Start from the beginning

“I put a sign out front saying they can’t leave without purchase.”

“Can you do that?”     

“Ha ha I don’t know but we’ve been making more sales.”

It was the end of my shift and I was ready to go, I was really nervous leaving, the crowd got bigger and louder. Why do they care for me I’m not one of the boys.

I took a deep breath and Andrina said she’d make a distraction. While she told the Harry was here to pick me up on the other side of the store they didn’t hesitate to go the other entrance. I quietly slipped out, but then…

“LOOK!” I heard running footsteps and when I heard Andrina yell ‘RUN’ I didn’t look back just hurried. I was half way down; thank god the mall was about empty or I would have fallen already. I could hear them in a touching distance it was when one of the workers at a shoe store waved me over to come in. I ran and almost dived in the store, he locked the door quick.

“Are you okay?” He asked, I sat on the chair panting, gosh was I really this out of shape.

“Yeah…I’m fine, Do you have any water?” he nodded and went to the back, I had only one choice, I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialed Harry’s number.

“Hello, Alexis where are you, you were supposed to be home an hour ago.” He rambled on,

“Harry not now look I was trying to wait out the crowd but it only got bigger, Harry they freaking cased me through the mall.”

“Are you okay did they hurt you where are you, LOUIS CALL PAUL AND TELL HIM TO HELP ALEXIS AT THE MALL!” he yelled, “Alexis where are you?” He sounded panic.

“Harry I’m fine thanks to one of the workers, just out of breath I’m at the foot locker by the main entrance.”

“Look stay put Paul is on his way don’t try and leave without him.” I hung up after that, that’s when the guy came back with some water.

“Wow what’s all the commotion.” He said sitting next to me, his name tag read Broody.

“Being a member of a boy bands girlfriend has it’s perks.” I joked taking a swig from the bottle.

“Whoa you’re Harry Styles’ girlfriend.” He said a bit surprised.

“Yep,”

“He was in here like couple of months ago; hey didn’t they say you were pregnant? You don’t look pregnant.”    

“They said that but it was only a doctor’s visit for stomach flu.”

I was about to fall asleep right there on the seat, it’s been a half an hour since I’ve called Harry and the tiredness from the day was wearing on me.

“Hey, hey is that one of the body guards?” Broody said, I turned to see Paul knocking on the glass door; there were other guards behind him pushing back.

“Thank you so much I’ll see you around,” I waved him off.

The girls were holding out papers and yelling, some harsh words. We were almost our till.

“Ahhh!” I screamed as the cold liquid sunk in my shirt. All of a sudden more hit.

“Alexis we need to leave quickly!” they pushed through the crows yells. We finally got to my truck.

“Alexis are you okay?” Paul asked the tears ran down my cheeks,

“Paul what is this?” I said looking down at my soaked clothes.

“We asked the girls who threw them and it’s just milk and water. Do you want someone to drive you home?”

“No I just want to go home, thanks Paul see you later.”

“Alexis! Why are you all wet?” Harry asked they all met me by the door.

“Your fans you so gladly love and thank showered me with balloons filled with milk and water.” I was angry. I threw my keys I don’t know where and pushed past them.

I ran up stairs and slammed my door shut. I threw my off my shirt and had to practically tear off my pants because they were so soaked. The door opened when I was in the bathroom turning on the bath. I sat with my fingers tangled in my hair only in my bra and panties letting it all poor out.

I felt some one kneel in front of me, their head rested on my lap. I didn’t have to look to know the feel of his wavy hair.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there.” His voice filled with sorrow.

“Don’t, I just want to get the smell off.” I stood up and tried to reach for the clasp on my bra but I didn’t have the strength. I felt his hands reach and push my hair to the side; my bra came loose and fell on the floor.

“Can I join you?” His raspy voice fanned over my cold shoulder. I nodded as he helped me in. he sat in back of me as I sat in between his legs. I laid agents his chest with the bubbles hid our parts that defined our gender.

“I love you.” I turned around now straddled on him. He smiled into the kiss.

“I love you too.” He connected the kiss again. I ran my hands down his chest feeling the light ab lines and the trails of his tattoos. I left my lips from his mouth and trailed down his neck.

“Someone’s a bit in a rush.” He started to laugh, “But let’s not do anything tonight.” I sat up fast.

“What!” I almost yelled, not one has Harry turned down a chance for pleasure. “Harry what’s going on, you never say no.”

“Alexis I just don’t feel like it tonight.” He slides me off of him and added an umff making me feel like I was crushing him. “Look I ju-,”

“Get out.” I said not able to look at him.

“What, wait babe,” he tried to protest but I stopped him before he went forward.

“I said get out! Get out! Get out!”

“Okay okay” he said standing up. The door closed and like on cue my phone goes off.

“Alexis, Alexis are you home safely.” Andrina said.

“Yeah I’m in the bath, did you need something?” I said not in the mood to talk.

“Good happy and yeah the store will be closed for the rest of the year till last day of January for remodeling.”

“WHAT!” I was shocked, why me why now!

“I’m so sorry but the company is able to give a months’ pay on pay day tomorrow. It will already be transferred in the bank. Again I’m really sorry but I have to call the others we’ll talk after New Years.” The line went dead after that.

I got out of the bath from an hour of crying and just plopped down and fell asleep after that.