chapter eleven.

I wake up too shouting, as usual. Mom and Dad were at it again, I try and avoid all situations that will end up with them fighting. They don't show affection anymore, they don't kiss, hug, hold hands, they don't even look at each other with affection anymore. It's sad. I know a divorce is coming along soon. But I didn't expect it to be today. 

"Honey, can I talk to you a minute?" My mom says as I slip on my romper. 

"um..sure." I say and sit down on my bed. She is fully dressed with her shoes on and everything. 

"Are we going somewhere?" I ask and go to get my shoes. I'm stopped by my mom grabbing my arm and sitting me back down on the bed. 

"I am.. alone." she says and I know what coming next. I feel my eyes brim with tears. 

"Sweetie.. Me and your father are not working things out and we both think it's time to take a little...break..from each other. I will be staying back home with Grandma." she says and quickly exits the room without saying anything else. Not even a goodbye. I hear a bit more shouting and then the door slam shut. I hear my moms car speed down the road. 

I grab my phone and shoes and leave the house with my dad screaming my name. I don't listen, I can't look at him right now, I can't even be in the same house. I run and run until I'm at least a mile away from my house. I can't call Tyler, I don't even know where he is right now. I wonder if my mom said goodbye too him. I can't call Mel, shes out of town for the weekend with her family. I only have one more option. 

I dial the number and suck up my tears, trying not too break down too my knees right here and now. But once I hear his voice I can't hold anything in, I sink to my knees, scraping them on the pavement as I let out small shrieks. 

"Sophie! Sophie, where are you I'm on my way." He doesn't even bother to ask whats wrong. 

"I'm on 5th street, my the old bakery." I cry into the phone and I hear his engine come to life. 

"Harry! get in the car!" Marcel yells, making me flinch away. 

"Why?" Harry whines.

"Somethings wrong with Sophie."  he breathes out and seconds later I hear a car door slam. 

"drive!" Harry yells and the line cuts off. I cry harder and harder every second. Why does this have to happen to me? By the time they get here I've noticed I ran way more than a mile, maybe five. I don't remember running that far. 
Marcel doesn't even bother to close the car door before running across the street, almost getting hit by multiple cars in the process. Harry runs right behind him and they both crouch down too me, I don't look up afraid to face them. I probably look terrible, I can feel my eyes are puffy and every time I blink it stings. 

I'm picked up by someone and I can tell right away it's Marcel by the way he smells, is that weird? I don't care. I snuggle farther into his neck, probably wetting his T-shirt with my tears. He whispers soothing words into my ear and hands me over to Harry. Harry walks around the car and gets into the passenger side, still holding me he brings me closer into his lap, he slowly stokes my hair, I know they're not going to ask me what's wrong until I'm ready. I am thankful too have them. I start to cough because of all the crying, which makes me cry more. 

I need to stop crying, I probably look pathetic. The car ride was short and we are quickly inside. 

"I'll tell you later." Harry whispers probably to Anne. I like her, she's sweet. I snuggle into Harry more, liking the warmth. It's freezing outside so I don't think my light sweater and thin leggings helped much, especially since I was on the ground, crying. Great I'll probably get sick now. 

"You're freezing, I'll give you some clothes." Harry says and lays me down on the bed, he exits the room and comes back with A ramones T-shirt, sweats and a small blanket. He leaves a kiss on my forehead before exiting back out of the room and shutting the door quietly. I can hear them talking from down the stairs. 

"What are we going to do?" 

"I don't know."

"Well.. lets just give her some time to explain what actually happend before we jump to any major changes." Anne cuts in. 

"Yeah.." one of them says and they stop talking. 

I change and wrap the blanket around me, I open the door quietly and limp down the steps, my knees hurting from the pavement. This day took a terrible turn and it's only 10 in the morning. I hope I didn't wake them, I shouldn't drag them into my problems, maybe I will call Tyler. When I get down the steps all three of them are in the living room with worried looks on their faces. I really don't want them to be worried about me, of all people. 

"Hi..." I croak and notice how soar my throat actually is. It hurts to swallow. 

"Can I maybe get some water?" I choke out and I'm surprised any of them could hear me, they all stand up at once to go and get it but Anne gets to the kitchen first. 

"Are you okay?" Marcel asks as a shiver runs down my body, making me wobble over. My knees hurt so much I go to fall to the ground but two arms caught me and another two arms hold my head, making sure I don't hit my head on the wood floors. I hear a gasp from the door way before it all goes black. 

**

I feel something pinch my arm sending cold liquids through my body. I jolt awake and find a nurse giving me a sympathetic look before rushing to get the doctor. Marcel is at my side, rubbing circles to my hand, making me jump and look at him. 

"W-What happened?" I ask rubbing my head. 

"You were dehydrated and you hurt yourself pretty bad outside when we found you on 5th street. You passed out at my house, you were pretty upset about something when you called me too pick you up. You looked like you have been crying for days, it looks like you haven't gotten much sleep either. What happened Soph?" he asks, tears brimming in his eyes. 

What am I supposed to say? 

'oh my parents are getting a divorce and my mom left and is moving back too America so I ran 5 miles from my house and acted like a maniac'?

No. 

Thankfully I'm saved by the doctor coming in. He checks if my vital signs are okay and asks me a few questions, just to make sure I didn't lose any of my memory. I guess I'm fine, and I can leave once I sign some papers. I just have to drink lots of water and take it easy for a couple of days. He recommends me to stay home from school on Monday, just to make sure nothing else is wrong with my body. 

We are interrupted by Harry walking in. 

"I wanted to be here when you woke." He frowns and makes his way towards my bed. 

"I'm fine." I give a slight smile and I wait for the doctor to leave the room (after I signed the papers). Then Harry gets a wheelchair from across the room and brings it over. I didn't realize my knees were that bad. 

"I don't think I really need that." I say and try to stand but terribly fail as my knees begin to wobble. Great. Now I'm going to look pitiful at school. 

"Yes, you do." he laughs a little and places me in the chair, pushing me out of the hospital and down the street. We get into his car, Marcel and me sitting in the back, Anne and Harry in the front. Marcel takes me into his lap and hums Ed Sheeran songs into my ear. 

"I-I don't want to go home." I say and Harry nods his head, making a U-turn. Anne gives me a slight smile. 

"You are welcome too our house any time, love." She says and looks turns back around. I nod my head even though I know she can't see me anymore and fall asleep in Marcel's arms.
*******************************

aw poor Sophie :( Hope you liked this chapter, I promise the story will get better, these are kind of filler chapters. I have some ideas for the love triangle that will bring a lot of drama. uh oh. Lets just say you have NOT seen the end of nick yet ;) that's all I'm giving away! (NOT PROOF READ SO TELL ME IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKES) 

2+ votes for the next chapter, commenting is appreciated! I love too hear your opinions on the  story. 

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. :) 

-Leena