chapter twenty-five.

Sorry for any mistakes, not proof read! Please vote and comment. :) 

enjoy.
____________________________________________________

His words process in my mind. I give him a confused look. 

"wha.. how..? how can you be saying this right now?!" 

"I know.. I'm stupid for trying but please.. just give me a chance.. a chance to be what you need. I can't be without you Sophie." 

"I.. I.. I can't deal with this right now, Harry. I'm sorry." I close my eyes trying to hold back the tears. I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted to hurt Harry. I thought he was over me. 

"Maybe if things were different.." I begin but he cuts me off. 

"I would actually have a chance?" he lets out a breathless chuckle. I shake my head. 

"I have a lot on my plate right now, Harry. I can't do this. If I pick one of you, I lose the other! How do you think that makes me feel? It kills me. It kills me to think about hurting either of you." I can feel my eyes starting to water. 

"Please don't cry." he pulls me to his chest. I can't really do anything at this point, he is holding me so tight to his chest, like I will run away and never look back. 

"I'd never leave you, Sophie." 

"That's what Marcel said. You are both so confusing!" I pull away, "No matter what I do, I know I'm going to lose one of you. If not, both." I feel the tears go down my cheeks. I just can not stop crying around these boys and I hate it. 

"I.. I need to go. I will be home later." I sniffle and wipe the tears away. I rush to my locker and put my books away after I walk back to English and get my stuff, I go to my car. I ignore Harry's words, I ignore the teacher telling me to come back, I ignore Harry as he makes his way to Marcel's class to go and get him. I really need a break. I need my brother. 

**

By the time I get to my house- my old house, my eyes are bloodshot and I can't seem to stop sniffling. I rush up the steps and knock on the door. Thankfully my dads car is gone. He probably hasn't even been home in days. Probably down at the local bar drinking his worries and mistakes away. I hate him. Making me move away from my family, basically making me lose my relationship with my brother, making my mom literally run away from all of us. She didn't even think twice about it, she just left. Thinking about all of these family problems I cry harder waiting for the door to open. And when it does I did not expect this at all. 

"Mel?" 

"Sophie? What are you doing here?" she questions. 

"Me? What are you doing here is the better question." I try and wipe away all of the evidence of my tears, I do not want her to know I've been crying. 

"Mel, who is it?" Tyler's voice echoes down the hall. 

"um.. Sophie is here." she tells him and I hear his footsteps rush down the stairs. 

"What are you doing here? Dad could've been home. Have you been crying? What's wrong? What happened? Are you hurt?" his questions fly at me. 

"I'm fine, Tyler.. well not really. I just thought I could see my brother but if you guys are busy or whatever I can come back tomorrow or something." 

"What? No, we weren't busy. Please come in." I mentally laugh at Mel as she tries to invite me into my old house. This is not what I expected when I was on the drive over here. I had cenarios planned out in my head about my dad trying to hurt me and Tyler possibly getting hurt. I did not expect to see Mel, of all people, here. With Tyler, of all people.