Chapter nine.

The week went by in a blur, it consisted of me think of excuses not to go to the dance and Mel threatening me in ways to get me to the dance. I told her I'd go under one condition, and that was I didn't have to wear the 10 inch heels she made me buy. She didn't want to 'waste the quality' so she is wearing them instead while I go with simple silver flats. 

It is now Friday afternoon and I'm sitting here, in between Mel, Harry and Marcel as they all go on and on about the dance. I told Mel about how they're both taking me and I really don't know how this will turn out, they said they will surprise me and make it one of the best nights ever. I really doubt that, I hate dances, probably because I don't know how to dance and I'm a very awkward person when it comes to contacting with people. Also, I hate dressing up in formal outfits, I'd rather wear jeans and an over-sized sweater to the dance then actually wear a dress. But my best friend (we've declared each other as best friends considering over the weekend we got very close) is very stubborn when it comes to fashion. 

I pick at the un-touched salad as I think about all of the things Mel is going to do tonight, My hair, make-up, dress, car rides, everything. She is more excited than I will ever be, I can't imagine what prom is going to be like. Oh joy. She notices my little pout session and tries to cheer me up "Oh Soph, stop moping. It's going to be fun!" she says while looking over at me. Harry grabs my cheeks and squishes them between his massive hands "Yeah soph! it's going to be perfect!" he mocks in a girly voice making all of us laugh. 

Marcel laughs and nods his head along with Mel. 

"Okay, Okay. I get it, everyone is excited but me." I laugh and bring my face away from his hands. 

"You're going to love it! I promise!" Mel gushes while dragging me to our next class. 

**

"stop moving!" Mel yells as she attempts to curl my hair. 

"I don't get why we have to get all dolled up for a stupid dance." I mumble and sit still and stare back in the mirror, the girl in front of it not being me. She looks confident with her smokey eye shadow and plump glossed lips. She flutters her eyes and stares at the fake eye lashes glued to her eye lids. I roll my eyes at Mel going all out. She squeals when she is finished doing my hair, happy with her creation. Or disaster.

"You're going to be the hottest one there!" she spins me around and pushes me towards my closet. I put my dress on, zipping it up on the side, I slip my flats on and check the clock 6:30. The boys will be here at 8:00. We have a while so I decide to take my flats off. I look in my full mirror and glance at the girl in front of me. I cringe at my reflection. So girly, but I can't deny I look good. For once I actually am pleased with the way I look all dressed up. Mel screams at my appearance. 

"YOU LOOK SO GOOD!" She screams. 

"Shh! Calm down Mel!" I laugh at her and spin in my dress. I look over at her and she already has her make-up done and her hair half way pinned up into the elegant bun she is putting it in. I know her date, Nick, is going to love it. They met at the diner she works at, I really need to get a job I think to myself and ponder over the possible places I could work at. Maybe even Mel could get me a job at the diner, I know it gets a lot of business. I will have to ask her later. 
I get caught up in my thoughts when I notice its already 7:30 and Mel has been trying to get my attention. 

"What?" I ask her as she stops snapping her fingers. 

"How do I look?" she asks and spins around in my room giggling. It's nice to see her so happy. 

"You look amazing Mel!" I gush and mean it, the white dress she picked out earlier compliments her skin tone. It goes down to the middle of her thigh and stops, but the back flows down the backside of her, it has small silver sequins on the top that shimmer in the light, the silver pumps look perfect with that dress. I kind of regret not wearing heels as I stair at her feet, she was right, they make the outfit look complete. My face drops when I realize I don't have another pair of heels, and I for sure will not take back the pumps I gave her, that would be very rude. 

"Well.. Too bad you didn't want to wear heels." She looks down and gives me a small smirk. I smile at her and shake my head, she already knows what I am thinking. 

"What do you mean?" I decide to play along. 

She walks out into my hallway and comes back bringing an expensive looking bag and hands it to me. I dig my hands inside and pull out two baby blue pumps. I scream and engulf her in a huge bear hug. 

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" I squeal and spin her around. 

"Alright, alright. Don't mess up your hair!" she scolds and lets go.

A knock at the door interrupts up as I quickly try and put my heels on. 

"I'll get it!" Mel says very excitedly, rushing towards the stairs like a little kid on Christmas. I laugh at my best friend and shake my head. I go to the mirror and put in my favorite diamond earrings that I save for special occasions. I reapply my lip gloss and try not to smear anything Mel had put on mu face. I smile back at the girl in the mirror and twirl around once more. 

"SOPHIE!" Mel yells getting my attention "I'm coming!" I yell back making my way towards the stairs. When I finally reach the bottom (with out tripping, I might add) I get several gasps and stares. I look up and blush at Harry, Nick and Mel looking at me in awe. I blush severely and look down, not liking the attention. 

"You look amazing girl!" Mel yells, showing off her 'masterpiece' to Harry and Nick. 

"You really do look good soph." Nick compliments. 

Harry looks shocked and can't take his eyes off me. 

"You look truly beautiful tonight, Sophie." he sounds different. That's not something he would say. He comes over and grabs my hand kissing it gently. Okay, something isn't right. 

"Thank you, Harry." I say and he chokes a bit on his spit. 

"I'm no-" He is interrupted by the door opening and closing and he walks through, looking exactly identical to the boy in front of me. 

"M-Marcel?" I ask and look down in disbelief. Marcel doesn't have his hair slicked back like he usually does, it's a curly mess like Harry's. He is also dressed in a tux, I had expected him to wear another vest. And his glasses are gone!

"Sophie, you look amazingly hot." there's Harry. I blush at his words as Marcel laughs at my shocked expression. 

"Told you she would think it was you!" Nick boasts and takes the money out of Harry's hand. 

"You guys bet on me?" I laugh, I'm baffled. 

"you're kinda predictable Soph." My best friend laughs as I push her gently on the shoulder. 

"I am not!" 

"Yes you are." everyone says at the same time. We all break out in fits of laughter and get in the cars. Maybe this night won't be so bad. 
******************************************

1400 READS! WE JUST HAD 1200 YESTERDAY! THAT'S CRAZY! Thank you guys so much!!! 

I hope you like this chapter(: sorry its kinda late, I'm kinda sick. Maybe I will do a double update tomorrow if this gets a lot of votes and comments. 

I'm excited for the dance! are you guys? :) Team Harry or Team Marcel?

Remember to comment, it makes me want to write more. thanks so much guys! well I'm gonna go now, bye!
-Leena :)