Chapter 1

I held my favorite stuffed teddy bear with a red ribbon close to my chest. I watched mama scream at the speaker. The man was making mama angry,she was crying. I watched mama fall to her knees bawling her eyes out.

"Why Richard?Why don't you want me?" she whispered

"Denise please listen to me where is Lily?" he asked

Mama's head snapped to me. Her eyes red from crying.

"Your the reason he does want me!" she screamed grabbing the metal object from the ground.

I gasped as she walked to me anger in her eyes.

"Mama?" I asked frightened

"Denise what are you doing to her?! Denise don't you dare hurt her!"

Mama ignored us both pulling me up to my feet.

"It's your fault!" she shouted bringing her arm back

"DENISE!!" the man shouted terror in his voice

"Mama no!" I pleaded

Snapping out of my thoughts I felt hot water burning my body as I stood in the shower not realizing it had gone that hot. I jumped out of the shower wrapping myself in my robe and towel drying my hair.

Sneaking into my room careful not to wake my parents and my siblings.If they actually slept here last night, I thought bitterly. I slipped on some breathable dark skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a navy blue cardigan that reached just below my hips covering half of my butt. I slipped on my favorite black boots that reach inches below my knees. With no jewlery except for the silver ring with a dazzaling emerald that I wore around my neck. I tucked my necklace under my shirt, Annabelle hated it.

No make up, no jewlery just the way I liked it.I pulled my dried hair up into a messy ponytail. I examined myself in the mirror behind my door and smiled at my reflection. My look is simple and that is what I loved. I sighed, but Annabelle would freak out if I left the house like this.

Lily you weren't blessed like your sister and brother. Make up will cover your flaws. Annabelle had said that when I use to refuse to wear make uplike her and my older step sister Melissa. I was thirteen and I remembered feeling ugly compared to all the other girls and when Annabelle said that it hurt like a blow to my face. I remember bawling my eyes out all night.

That was than when I was a child now I know I'm beautiful. I'm not stick thin nor too big I was just the right curves with slightly bigger boobs than average. Your average teen.

I grabbed my eyeliner and traced the black pencil lightly on the inside of my eye. Adding a couple quick strokes of mascara. Stepping back a bit I saw the effect of my little touch as my caramel colored eyes shimmered and I barely did anything. I went to my drawer and dug for my chapstick applying some on my full red lips. I am always biting them that lipstick was never needed besides I hate it even gloss. They're so sticky and gross tasting unlikey my cherry chapstick that I loved.

I slipped my chapstick in my pocket for later. Pulling out my hair band I brushed my almost knotless hair letting it fall against my shoulders down to my back almost reaching my butt. I took a black headband that had a little blue flower on top from the same draw and slipped it into my thick chestnut hair.

The other look was more relaxed but this was good too. Satisfied at compromising Annabelle's style and mine I headed downstairs to make breakfast.

I love mornings, it was always peaceful. First I made a pot full of coffee. Striding over to the drawers I pulled out what I needed to make pancakes.