Epilogue

|| Lacey ||

Six months later...

"That the last box?" Ross asked as I walked into the open yet packed living room filled with other boxes.
"Yep." I sighed, placing the box on the ground.
I looked around and took in the beauty of the house. I fell in love with it the second we walked in. It was a decent size, a beautiful front yard that faced the sun, plus there was enough room for a music room and a place to do my writing.
"Officially home owners." Ross smiled while wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me down into the couch that had been set against the wall for the time being.
I collapsed beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. Saying we were homeowners felt weird, extremely grown up. Not that we weren't adults, we were. We've always been mature and independent for our age. I finally graduated from college with my degree in literature and a job offer from a company writing short stories, or helping write short stories I can't remember. But when I got that email I jumped. After my graduation, Ross and I finally decided, while moving in usually comes before the proposal, it was a pretty logical next step for us now.

"Alright, get up," I sighed while sitting back up. Dreading what we had to do next,"This is gonna take us a while."
I started with the boxes with the most stuff to get that out of the way.
"I thought we'd have more boxes then this." I heard Ross say from behind me.
I laughed,"You haven't been upstairs yet have you?"
He groaned, making me laugh again,"Can we do it later?" He said like a child.
I rose a brow and turned to him,"How much later?"
He smirked while walking towards me. His arms wrapped around me and he kissed the back of my ear,"Well this seems like a good time to break in the new house. Particularly the bedroom."
His hands started roaming my body and I bit my lip. I looked over at the clock we hadn't hung yet and observed the time. We had to start unpacking by 2:30 the latest of we wanted to sleep in a house without any boxes tonight.
"We have 14 minutes before we really have to unpack." I pointed out.
"That's plenty of time." He said before grabbing my hand and bringing me upstairs.
On our way I suddenly realized that this was our house. We had no one here but us. No one to interrupt, not having to worry about people walking in on us, it was nice. This was nice.
I could definitely get use to this.