Chapter Eighteen

|| Ross ||

Of all the ways I thought I was going to propose to Lacey, and yes I did think of how I would do it, I never thought it would be on a Saturday morning in bed. But it was pretty perfect the way it turned out. She was right, it's simple. If the commitment and the love is there, the constant thought of how it's done isn't necessary. I get to spend the rest of my life with her.
Now came the fun part, telling everyone. Like the proposal, it wasn't really something planned. Unlike the proposal, there wasn't even a little thought put into it. It actually just slipped out.

Every month the seven of us; me, Lacey, Ryland, Ellington, Rocky, Riker, and Rydel, always made it a point to get together and do something. Just a family night doing whatever. No work. This month was a stay at home game and movie night.

Rydel sat next to Ellington on the couch, Lacey was between Riker and Ryland on the opposit end, and I was next to Rocky in the middle. A horror movie was playing, 'The Blair Witch Project'
I wasn't too much into horror movies, but Lacey loved them. And I had to admit, this one had my attention.
Lacey was the kind of person that smiles when most would get scared, she leans in when others turn away. She gets so into it and seeing the smile on her face she proves she's fearless.

"Don't do it, don't do it." Rydel said from behind a pillow. Her eyes peaking out.
"Do it." Ratliff chimed up with a smirk, earning a shove from my sister.
"He's not gonna make it." I said. This was one of those movies that looks like it's real. Like a documentary, which added some thrill. This one guy of the three college students was getting pissed. Refusing to believe there was actually a ghost. Or he did and this was his tough guy act.
"How do you know?" Ryland asked,"He's the smart one, he's the one who's gonna end up running and living while their asses get slaughtered."
"He's right, bro he's gonna live. The girl usually dies first." Riker chimed in.
"He refuses to believe and he's getting all pissy and blaming everyone for him being scared. His ass is out the door." Lacey finally explained.
I nodded with a sigh, thankful someone finally understood my point,"Thank you, this is why I'm marrying you." It came out like nothing. I have it no thought.
Lacey turned to me quickly and gave me a look, and I could tell she was hoping just like me that no one would pay attention to it. But of course that wouldn't be the case. Everyone turned to me.
"What?" Riker turned and looked at me first, confused. Than he turned to Lacey next to him and started to smile.
She couldn't help herself, I wouldn't be able to either. A smile seeped through her cover,"What?" She tried acted as if nothing happened.
"Are you married?" Rydel asked with a smile from across the couch. Her eyes moving back and forth between me and Lacey.
"No we're not married, relax." Lacey said.
"Oh." They all mumbled as they turned back to the movie.
I looked at Lacey who tried to hide a smile.
We went a little while of watching the movie in silence. But a phone went off and everyone turned.
"Lace it's yours." Rocky said, taking her phone off the table in front of him and leaning over to hand it to her.
"Thanks." She said quietly while taking her phone.
Rocky sat back down and stretched his arm out over the couch,"By the way Lace you forget to hide your ring."

Leave it to Rocky. Once again everyone turned from the movie and this time they looked to Lacey's hand.
"You guys are fucking liars!" Ryland laughed.
"Bro we didn't lie, you asked if we were married and we're not." I said.
"Just engaged." Lacey added with a smile.
Riker laughed and turned to her,"Dude get over here." He pulled her into a tight hug, causing the rest of them to do the same to me.
Rydel, who was closest to me have me jumped and up and pulled me into one of her bone crushing hugs.
"I'm so happy for you, congratulations!" She smiled.
"Thanks." I said hugging her back.
Ratliff pulled me into a 'bro hug' and said the same thing Rydel did in a different order.
While Riker came to hug me I noticed Rocky pulling away from Lacey an Rydel lifting her up next in a hug. I laughed as the hugs went around the room.
I thought my last hug was coming around when I saw my fiancé instead,"Congrats on the engagement man." She mimicked Ryland who had just said the same thing to me.
I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her feet off of the ground like Rydel had and gave her a spin. She laughed as I put her down and kissed her.