Chapter One

|| General ||

Lacey sat on the couch in the living room of the R5 house, her boyfriend sitting beside her. His arm lazily over the back of the couch and his hand resting on her shoulder. On the screen across from them, Romeo was fleeing from Juliet just after their first night together. On the other side of the couch was Rocky and his new girlfriend Alexa. The two couples got back from a double date at their usual restaurant and decided turning on a movie would be a good way to end their night.

Rocky had his arm around Alexa keeping her close. Their fingers were locked together and Rocky would occasionally kiss her head and whisper something to her, making her smile. Ross had his eyes fixed on the screen, absorbed in his favorite movie. Lacey also liked the movie, but her attention was wavering between the screen and the other couple in the room.
They'd met two months prior, and had been an official couple for about a month and a half now. They were in that adorable honeymoon phase. The time where you're discovering who the other person is, slowly falling for them a little more by the day, not being able to keep their hands off of eachother, the infinite number of kisses. Things are new and exciting. Lacey smiled a little each time she looked over. They were cute together. Rocky was good to her, and she to him. They were a great match and it showed. It made her think of her and Ross, when they first started dating.

It was incredible. She was so overwhelmed with love all the time. Not that she didn't still love Ross now. She was just as in love, if not more in love if that was possible, with him now then she always was. But it was no secret that the sweet newlywed nature they use to have in the start of their relationship, had dissolved in the 10 months they've been together. Of course they still showed their affection. The hugged and kissed. But the heat, the passionate make out sessions that would eventually lead to more and leave them hot and breathless, was becoming less and less frequent by the day.

Once the movie finally ended, Alexa grabbed her things and said her goodbye. Rocky helped her with her coat and took her hand as he walked her to her car, leaving Ross and Lacey in the living room.
"I think I should go to." Lacey said tiredly as she grabbed her coat and slipped it on. Flipping her hair out from under it. It was late, and she was exhausted. But once she was about to tie it securely closed, she felt a pair of hands come to her shoulders and start to slip it off her slowly.
"I think you should stay." Ross whispered in her ear. His hands returning to her waist after putting her coat back over the couch.
Lacey bit her bottom lip as she sighed out a smile,"I haven't been home in two days." She pointed out. Which was true. She spent the past two nights sleeping in the arms of her boyfriend. Telling herself she was going to go back the next day. But she left her apartment abandoned.
"Three days wont kill you." He said, kissing just behind her ear.
His lips left a spark sizzling on her skin. A bolt of lightning shot through her, butterflies fluttering inside her at the gesture. She felt a certain tingle she hadn't in a while.
She did have to go home, she knew she should deny her urge to stay. But...
"Fine, but I have to go home tomorrow." She caved with a smile as she turned to face him. He smiled and she watched his eyes roam over her face. She readied for him to kiss her, which is what she expected to happen. But instead he took her hand and gave it a squeeze, taking her upstairs with him. The sensation his little kiss had given her was erased just as quickly as it was created, leaving her disappointed. But still, she followed him upstairs to his room like she had the past 2 nights.

Ross gave her one of his shirts to change into before she climbed into bed with him. He climbed into his side and they adjusted themselves under the covers. At first she laid on her back, turning her head and watching her boyfriend. He turned on his side, his eyes already closed. His hair fell into the pillow and messing just a little.
Lacey turned on her side and closed her heavy eyes. She already felt herself drifting off to sleep. Just before falling asleep, she felt his strong arm wrap around her and a soft kiss come to the back of her head.