Chapter Three

|| Ross ||

After Lacey had said something to me, I felt like such an ass. I waited so long to be with her, and I've had the best 10 months of my life finally doing just that. But I haven't been showing her that lately.

One thing I've learned in my life is you shouldn't suffocate people. Don't hold on so tight so they're squirming to get away, which is what I've been doing with Lacey. When I say to myself that Lacey is mine, I find it so hard to believe still. I'm still amazed by the idea that she loves me like I love her. In the beginning of our relationship, I wanted her to know I would never let her go. But over time I started to think if I crowded her, she'd be the one getting sick of me.
Looking back on the past month, we've barely kissed, I haven't shown her how much she means to me and she means everything to me, absolutely everything. But leave it to me to screw up the best thing that's ever happen to me. I wanted to make it up to her. So I have something planned.
But for now, I'm gonna spice things up a little.

I told her I'd go meet her at her apartment before she got home from her classes. I'd let myself in with the key she gave me when she first moved in a year ago. I got bored after a while and started walking around.
Her apartment was always so neat.

Ever since we were kids, Lacey was such a neat freak. Her books for school, had to be stacked in size order, her pencils couldn't mix with her pens, and if her homework wasn't neat she would rewrite it.
I walked into the bedroom to first see her dresser, framed pictures around. I smiled at some of them. There was one of her and Rydel, Rydel had Lacey locked in a hug with her feet off the ground, another of my mom and Lacey from a few years ago, one of me and her, I had my arm around her and my cheek was against her head as we both turned to the camera, and one of her, Riker, and Ryland was next to it.
I heard the door open and got pulled away from the memories. I looked out to see her just walking in. Her floral bag on her shoulder. She placed her keys down along with her phone and placed her bag down with a sigh. The second I saw her, I forgot everything about the pictures, the neatness, the world. I just focused on her. She looked completely herself. Her black framed glasses were on, her hair was down in a mess after she took it out from the ponytail it was in, and she had on a grey sweater and a pair of black shorts with her converse.
I stepped forward down the hall when she looked up at me, smiling.

"Hey there." She adjusted her glasses on her face and approached me, leaning against the wall of the hallway that I was next to.
"Hey there," I said with a similar smile.
With a smooth motion I cupped her face and kissed her passionately, a little longer than a 'hello kiss' would probably be.
When I broke away she was already smiling,"Mm wow," she laughed lightly,"what was that for?"
I shrugged,"Just wanted to," I said while moving her hair off her shoulder,"How was your day?"

She leaned her head against the wall and sighed,"Boring. I'm just glad it's Friday. But I do have some work to finish for Tuesday." She started walking away to get her bag when I took her hand.
"But that's four days away." I smirked.
Lacey quickly caught on to what was on my mind and smiled,"But I should really do it now." Her voice lowered a bit, like she didn't really want to say it.
She didn't resist when I pulled her closer to me.
"But you really should take a break...I mean you did just come home." I said in what was almost a whisper as I walked closer to her until she was eventually leaning against the wall.
I heard her breath out a laugh as I kissed her jaw, slowly moving down to her neck.
"Ross I think..." She started.
"Shh.." I backed away to look at her and leaned down. My forehead pressing against hers. One of my hands moving to her waist while the other went up and tucked her hair behind her ear. "You think too much, baby." I whispered. I eventually moved my hands down to her hands and slid my fingers between hers. "Just forget about everything else. There's no one here...just you and me...we have nothing to worry about."

Lacey was always thinking. Not even about anything in particular, just thinking. A million thoughts would race through her mind.
I always liked doing things like this because it calmed her down. Watching her unwind, seeing the chains stop turning inside her was an incredible sight. Her eyes would settle and I'd look into them to see a world of completely bliss. Everything inside of her would just shift a little in a beautiful way.

She turned her head a little and took her hands from mine, moving them to my hair and away from my face.

"What are thinkin' about?" I whispered.
She shrugged,"I'm not." She said before leaning in. Without giving her the chance, I kissed her. Moving her back to her place against the wall and giving her everything I had. I slid my tongue along her bottom lip and she opened her mouth enough for me to enter. My hands returned to her waist as I brought her into me abruptly. I felt her moan against my lips while kissing me harder. I could feel my heart pumping faster. Every bone in my body jumping with excitement. My blood racing through my veins as heat took over the moment. I ran my leg down to her leg and brought it to my side and pushed my hips into her, which I knew she loved. With that she retaliated. Her other leg moved between mine and she pushed into me gently. Uncontrollably I moaned into her mouth. With every kiss, every movement, I felt my hunger for her growing.