Chapter Eleven

|| General ||

Ross woke up to Lacey sleeping peacefully in his arms. Her head resting on his shoulder with her hand over his bare chest. He tighten his hold around her and played with the hem of her sweater, that she'd slipped on with a pair of underwear before falling asleep under the covers. It wasn't until 4 AM they went to sleep.

Ross replayed the previous night in his head. They hadn't had a heated night like that in a long time. Too long. Things like this needed to happen more. They still had the spark. It was obvious they still had incredible chemistry and heat. They just had to make more time for each other and, more importantly, no holding back.

Ross looked down at her small hand and rested his bigger one over hers, and started playing with her tiny fingers.

"Is it possible to be hungover from sex?" Lacey's soft morning voice filled Ross' ears and he chuckled.

"I don't think so," Ross turned his head slightly to see her better,"Did I wake you up?"

Lacey stretched a little while shaking her head,"Nope." She turned her body to see his face more clearly. A smile taking over her once her eyes connected with his. Her bare legs intertwined with his under the comforter.

"Four times...I think we set our new record last night." Ross said while tracing lines up and down her arm.

Lacey lifted her hand up just as Ross did and their palms came together slowly and gently clapped together, barely audible. Making them both laugh.

"It was nice." Lacey said.

Ross nodded,"It really was..." He brought her head closer on his shoulder and kissed her head before sitting them both up to see her face.

"I wanna say something, something you need to know and always remember. Okay?"
Lacey nodded and waited paitiently.
"Lacey I have been in love with you basically my entire life. When we had that fake marriage I wanted it to be real, and I didn't even know what marriage really meant. Only that I would be with you forever and that's all I needed. No matter what that meant." Ross never took his eyes away from her as he spoke.
"Ross..." Lacey started. But knowing what she thought was happening, he shook his head with a smirk.
"Don't worry I'm not proposing yet." He said quickly before continuing,"I can't predict the future. Niether of us know what's gonna happen tomorrow. But I want you to know that no matter what happens I'm always gonna love you. I'm always gonna have a place in my heart for you, baby." He tucked a side of her hair away behind her ear,"And in this bed." He added with complete seriousness while nodding to the bed they laid on,"Which ultimately means...I could never get sick of you." He smiled
Lacey laughed and looked at him with a genuine smile,"I know." She said softly.
And she did."