Chapter Sixteen

|| General ||

"Okay, let's get married." He said.

Lacey studied his expression thoroughly. She couldn't tell if he was kidding at first glance. But his eyes bled with truth, and his smile was genuine.
"Yeah I'm being serious." He added with a knowing smirk.
She was shocked. Too shocked to say anything. He wanted to marry her. She found this so irrational and mind blowing. Ross wanted to marry her. He wanted her, just her forever. Of course she wanted the same with him, but she had to make things clear.
"Ross I wasn't proposing or anything you don't have t-" she started, but Ross cut her off with a smile.
"I know. But I am, I want to." He said while lacing his fingers through hers and pulling her to sit up with him. She started to smile the more she believed his words. He pulled her closer and his hands came to her legs under the covers.
He shrugged,"I love you and you love me, so let's get married. We don't even have to get married soon. We don't have to get married till our kids are married I don't care." They both laughed before he continued,"But I want you, and only you for the rest of my life. Saying we're dating doesn't seem to make that clear. Saying we're engaged just kinda has some kick-ass to it." He joked.
They laughed again,"But if you don't want to.." He added, his smile starting to fade.
She shook her head and laugh,"Of course I'll marry you, you idiot." She cupped his face and pulled him into her kiss.

He pulled away with a smile. But after looking at her for a while, a part of him remember the story they read from earlier, his smile faded just a little,"You sure? Lacey I can do this better. I don't even have a ring or a violin." He said making her laugh again.
Lacey shook her head,"I don't care, I don't want a violin or a ring I just want you." She said honestly.

He looked back and forth between her eyes,"You really want this?" He asked, cupping her face and caressing her cheek slowly with his thumb.
"More than anything." She smiled lightly. Ross kissed his fiancé again for the second time and wrapped his arms around her waist.
"I love you." He whispered against her lips.
"I love you." She responded.