I needed to call somebody but I didn't know who to call. I didn't think it would be in my best interest to call the police. Jerome's ass was God knows where, Emanuel and Mike were out of town on business, Tray was at work, my parents were out of town attending a funeral and none of my girl friends would be able to do anything about his ass. Stanley popped into my head and I immediately dialed his number. He didn't answer so I sent him a text, begging him to call me back.

"Wassup pretty girl?" He answered on the third ring.

"Tray, can you come get me?"

"What's wrong? Where you at?" He asked, quickly. I could tell by the change in his tone of voice that he was concerned.

"I'll send you the address, please hurry up." I pleaded with him. I didn't feel like I needed to explain the situation to him. Once he got here and saw a crazy ass man beating on the front door, I'm sure he would handle it.

Although I was upstairs with the door closed, I could still hear his beating on the door and yelling. I'm honestly surprised nobody called the police yet, it was the middle of the day and people were probably at work or in class.

The tightening and cramping of my stomach was worrying me. I'd just gotten out of the hospital not too long ago for health reasons, I didn't want to go back. I just wanted my baby to be okay. I knew Trayveon was on his way so I tried my best to calm myself down. My baby could feel everything so I needed to get myself together for his sake.

Breathing exercises and counting in my head allowed me to calm down but my heart began racing once I heard a loud ass thud. I jumped at the sound, causing MJ to stir in his sleep. Him and his sister were laying on the bed and I was sitting down on the edge. The sound of the thud, was the front door being kicked down. I was terrified at the simple thought of him even coming close to me. "Jesus please protect me and these kids. Please." I sniffled.

I heard his voice calling for me and a chill ran through my body. I grabbed MJ and Michaela and hid in the closet. Thankfully, they were both still asleep. I would stay in this closet all day if I needed to. I didn't think Uncle Charles would harm these babies but crazy people do crazy things. I was prepared to do whatever it took to make sure they were safe.

I sat silently in the closet, praying, hoping, and wishing that he'd go away. My prayers went unanswered because moments later I heard the door to the bedroom open. "Mookie baby, where are you?" I heard Uncle Charles say to himself. Tears filled my eyes as I watched MJ stir around in his sleep.

He stretched his little body and scrunched up his face. I cradled his small body closer to me, praying that he wouldn't start crying. "No. No. No. Shhh. I'm right here baby. TeTe's here." I mumbled quietly into his ear as I rocked him in my arms. My heart dropped as he let out a loud cry. My phone simultaneously began to ring. It was Stanley calling me back. After that, the room went completely silent. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

Moments later the closet door was opened and there stood Uncle Charles. "There you are." He smirked, making me cringe. His facial features looked the same but he aged while in prison. He was also a hell of a lot bigger, he was extremely muscular and that alone had my body shaking in fear. Any hope of trying to fight him off was gone. He could thump me and my body would go flying across the room. "Hi Mookie baby, Uncle missed you. You look so beautiful baby. I'm so proud of you. I heard you're in college. That's great." He smiled as he looked at me with genuine happiness.

He stepped toward me, making my heart race even faster. "Wow. Who's babies are these?" He asked me. I remained silent, just staring at him. I was honestly in so much shock that he was actually standing in front of my face, I couldn't formulate words even if I wanted to. "Why were you hiding from me?" He asked, genuinely confused. "You're an adult now, we don't have to hide and sneak around with each other anymore."

Trust Issuesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें