Chapter 2

「Chapter 2: New Nasty News」

=Eryn's POV=

My seat was at the window seat of the plane. I squeezed in between the chairs and plonked down on my seat, snuggling into the comfy blanket lined on it. My dad had gotten business class tickets - he was rich and couldn't stand anything that was 'lower than his standard'.

My brother, Jace, sat beside me while my parents sat at the front seats. Jace placed the bag down on his lap and immediately fished his headphones out from his bag, placing them over his head and ears. His head bobbed around as he listened to whatever music that he was playing.

I stared at him, waiting for him to turn and notice me, but he doesn't. My lips pressed into a straight line and I looked away, plugging in my own earpiece.

Jace is 23. He has dirty blonde hair, and normal-sized but cute round eyes. Girls in his school literally drops dead when they see him; sometimes it's annoying how they fawn over him. But I really think he would play well as a Korean star. He's a nice brother to me. But as of right now...

I turned to him and shot him an annoyed look once more, before pulling my hoodie over my head and closing my eyes. I slept for about two hours, before waking up and watching movies on the mini screen in front of me. I slept back at about 10pm New York time (according to my watch), which was my usual bedtime.

6 hours later...

"Eryn, wake up," I felt someone nudging my arm. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was bright - it looked like it was daytime already. But I felt like I barely slept for an hour.

"What time is it..." I grumbled as I stretched, rubbing my eyes. My neck and back were aching terribly. A blanket fell off me and I quickly picked it back up.

"You're welcome," my brother said beside me. I turned to him and he smiled innocently. He was the one who covered me with that blanket.

"It's 4am now, if you're asking about New York time. But for Seoul timing, it's 6pm," Jace said, emphasizing on 'pm'. I widened my eyes.

"The time difference is - is THAT BIG?" I exclaimed in shock. Jace nodded and glanced over my shoulder, out of the window.

"We should be reaching soon, we're in Korea already," Jace muttered.

"I can tell..." I sighed and looked down at the little buildings below us. I felt so tired.

We landed about thirty minutes later. I trudged out of the plane exhaustedly. My brother didn't seem tired at all though.

"I'm tired, bro," I complained. Jace slung his backpack over his shoulders and adjusted the straps.

"Same," he replied simply.

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go, a car is waiting for us outside the airport," my dad rushed us, walking towards the gate.

I gave Jace a face and followed behind my dad and mom. I heard Jace giggle behind me.

Once we passed custom, a lush car was waiting at the pick-up point, as expected. There was even a chauffeur. I got into the back seat, along with my brother.

"Is our house far from my *coughs* new school?" I murmured, annoyed at the thought of having to enroll in a new school just because of my father's work business.

"Not really. About a 20-minute drive," he replied without looking up from his phone.

"Am I going to the same university as Eryn?" Jace asked. My father shook his head.

"Wait, what? I thought you said-"

"The plans are changed, alright?" my dad said gruffly.

"But you can't! Dad!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Dad, you know how Eryn is like going into a new environment. You can't possibly throw her into a random new high school by herself in the middle of nowhere. What's more, she's totally new to this country," Jace spoke up for me, brows furrowing - I could tell by his voice that he was irritated in the sudden change of plans too. I nodded rigorously, hoping that my dad would change his mind.

"Shut up and just go along with my plans. You have no power to make me change my mind," my father said fiercely.

"Mom!" I turned to my mother for help. She just shrugged.

"Listen to your father," she said.

I grumbled aloud and turned to face the window, a tear dripping down my cheek.

*Jace's POV*

I see Eryn turn to face the other side, and I knew she was terribly upset. She would usually turn away from others when she is on the verge of tears.

I rubbed her back soothingly, trying to calm her down, only to make her start sniffing softly. I shifted closer to her and whispered, "It'll be okay, so calm down. I'll make sure you're okay."

She didn't respond.

I sighed and glared at my dad, clenching my fist.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N:

Hey everyone! I'm back with the second chapter of this newww book ;) How is it so far? I hope it's fine. I really feel that my chapters are getting worse, I'm sorry hehe.

I hope all of you are fine! I miss the times during the holidays last year when I could update so much. Now, the homework is really killing me. They're so hard :(

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment and follow! Love yall <33