Chapter 16. Make Up.

Start from the beginning

"I didn't do anything!" I snapped. Izzy's back arched and she screamed in pain. Dad quickly crossed the room. When he reached down to shake Izzy awake she screamed louder and begged him to leave her alone and to stop hurting her.

"Richard, make her stop," Mom begged, appearing in the door.

"What am I supposed to--" Dad's words were cut of as Izzy let out another howl of pain and then collapsed onto the bed shaking.

"Daddy, make it stop," she begged, tossing her head back and forth weakly. It was like you could hear their hearts break.

"Help me, please, help me."

Izzy went on shaking and crying a begging for another half hour and then she whimpered a final time and seemed to calm down.

"Isabella," Dad whispered, crouching down beside her. Izzy shot up and shoved past me out of the room. Dad jumped up and ran after her. He caught her on the stairs and Izzy began to scream and fight him.

"Isabella, wake up!" Dad demanded. Izzy stopped fighting and collapsed onto the ground, crying.

Izzy's POV

Pretty much the rest of the night I sat crying with my mom and Emma. Emma wasn't much of a help, but she did participate in the conversation once in awhile.

"Isabella, talk to me. Tell me what happened, I can help you honey." Mom said. I shook my head and pulled my knees to my chest. I set on chin down and shook my head again.

"I can't," I whispered. If I could have told her I would have. I wanted nothing more than to spill my guts and tell her how much it hurt. I wanted to tell her that it left me feeling cold and empty, but I couldn't. I couldn't tell her anything.

"Maybe you should see a psychologist or something," Emma mumbled, picking at my comforter.

"I am not crazy," I snapped, glaring at her.

"I don't know, dear, you're dreams are convincing me otherwise," she muttered.

"Get. Out." I hissed.

"That's enough, girls. Emma, stop harassing Isabella, she's been through enough tonight. Isabella, maybe you're sister isn't wrong. A psychologist might be able to at least stop some of these dreams or help you talk about it." Mom suggested.

"I'm not crazy!" I screamed, not even bothering to keep my voice quiet. Jack still slept soudly in his crib.

"We don't think you're crazy. Seeing a pyschologist doesn't make you crazy. We just want to be sure that you won't hurt--"

"I won't hurt myself. You didn't make me see a shrink before, why now?" I demanded.

"We were wrong," Mom whispered. "We let ourselves believe that you were strong enough to process all those feelings on your own, but we were wrong. It will help you, I promise. I wouldn't ask you to go if I didn't think it would help."

"But Mom I don't want to go!" I screamed. Dad peeked his head into the room, ready to pounce if I flipped.

"Tell her I don't need to see a shrink!" I ordered, clenching my fists at my sides.

"Isabella, it will help you." He said softly. I let out an animalistic shriek and Dad surrounded me in another death grip.

"Let me go," I screamed, pushing back against him and trying to hit him.

"If you continue to act like a child it won't be a question of whether you're going or not." Dad said. I glared at him and stopped fighting.

"Fine, I'll behave." I hissed. Dad released be and I stood in front of my window, sulking. I watched our neighbors emerge from their houses as they went off to work. I'd now had four days without sleep. I saw Ryder's car making it's way down the street. We were supposed to go to the mall in the next town with Megan today. I turned back to my family.

"I'm leaving," I said. Dad and Mom both gave me a look.

"I'll be with Megan and Ryder, I promise I won't throw myself off a bridge," I snapped.

"You won't go anywhere unless you drop the attitude. We're only trying to help you." Dad said.

"I understand that, but I don't want to see a psychologist! I'm not crazy Dad!" I screamed again. I heard the door open downstairs.

"Look at Jack," Dad ordered. I stiffened and narrowed his eyes at him. Emma reposition Jack in her arms so he faced me, but I didn't look at him. I couldn't right now. The dream was to fresh in my mind.

"Look at him," Dad ordered again. I set my jaw and continued to stare at him.

"Do it," he whispered. I held back the tears that wanted to escape my eyes.

Ryder appeared in the door and gave my family a cautious look. I shook my head, telling him not to speak. Dad continued to stare at me expectantly.

"Look at him," he said.

"No," I muttered.

"Why not?" He challenged. I remained silent and stared at the light on my ceiling, hoping it would hold the tears back. Ryder stepped forward and looked like he was about to offer a hug or something. I shook my head again.

"Isabella Rose," Dad shouted.

"I can't!" I screamed back. I grabbed the clothes I'd set out yesterday and my bag from my desk. I shoved past my father and grabbed Ryder's arm, dragging him from the house.

"Drive," I ordered, climbing inside the car.

"Aren't you going to change?" Ryder asked.

"I'll change at Megan's," I replied, shortly. Ryder shrugged and drove. He didn't ask any questions and he didn't push me to spill my feelings. This was the difference between Jace and Ryder. One cared to much and the other cared to little. Right now I was glad Ryder was the one with me. I didn't know if I could tell anyone, even Jace, how I felt at this moment. I just wanted to forget everything, especially the fact that I would have to see a shrink.

"I'm not crazy," I muttered.

"I know," Ryder shrugged. "That's my job, remember?" I rolled my eyes and shoved his shoulder.