Chapter 1. Bye Bye Isabella.

** First offical chapter :) I hope you like it and vote and comment! This story will explain Jack and Izzy's lives completely before Jace came back. Also It'll go deeper into exactly why the Young's are the way they are.

Amy James Izzy's mom >>>> (much bigger role this time!)

The days leading up to Jack's birth were the most terrifying days of my life. It was then I realized how stupid I was for thinking that everything would return to normal. I couldn't go back on my promise to keep Jack. So I kept it and I kept him. Everybody always asked me if it was hard or painful, but honestly I can't remember. I think my dad made them drug me. All I remember is waking up the next day and beside me was my mother holding a squirming blue blanket.

After that day though, every minute was burned into my mind. I remember the nurses begging me to feed Jack, and I flat out refused. They begged me to hold him and I refused. I just glared at the little baby inside the blanket. I didn't want it. I didn't want anything to do with it. I just felt completely empty, like my only reason for living was gone and the thing in it's place was horrible.

"Izzy, feed Jack," My mom begged. Jack lay in his play pen crying as usual. I just stared at him as usual.

"Emma, feed the baby," Mom sighed. That's how it went now. She'd try to get me to do it, I'd refuse, so she would ask Emma. Emma groaned but did as Mom asked.

"Will you put him down when she's done?" Mom asked. I shook my head. I stood up and went to the door.

"Where are you going, Isabella." Mom demanded.

"Out," I snapped back. I grabbed my car keys and ran down the stairs. Dad was pulling into the driveway as I backed out. I sped away before he could ask me where I was going. I drove, without thinking or paying attention. I found myself at Trenton Bridge. I did what I normally did. I stopped the car. I climbed out and sat on the railing. I stared down at the water. I wanted to cry, but I had no more water left in my body. I was a horrible shell of a person.

I traced the scabs on my wrists. My dad had been so disappointed in me. I didn't remember why I did it or even how I did it. I thought of the night Andrew found me here, trying to jump off. I'd been so stupid. I shook my head as hard as I could and climbed off the railing. I went back to my car and went home. I didn't want Jack, but I could help. I could stop playing victim.

"That wasn't very long," Mom said. Jack was in his play pen watching everything in the room. I watched his eyes dart from one thing to another.

"He'll be ready for bed soon," She said. I nodded and continued to watch him. He was only a week old, but he'd grown quite a bit. I suddenly felt like I'd missed so much. His little arms fell to his sides and he began to cry. Mom looked at me like I might kill him. She picked him up and started up the stairs with him. Jack looked back at me over her shoulder. Something inside me pulled me toward him.

"Mom, wait." I breathed. She turned around and Jack's precious face was taken from my view.

"I'll do it," I said. She looked at me wearily, but handed Jack to me. He quit crying and smiled at me. I cradled his little body and held him close to me.

"Can you move the cradle?" I asked. Mom smiled and nodded.

"I'll get your father to help," She said. She followed me down the stairs and went to find my dad. I sat down on the couch and rocked my baby. His little eyelids fluttered shut and I continued to rock him. Mom and Dad went upstairs and I heard them moving the cradle into my room.

"What are Mom and Dad doing?" Emma asked. She stared confused at me holding Jack as he slept.

"Jack's moving into my room," I whispered, kissing his forehead.

"I'm confused," Emma said, holding the bridge of her nose. I smiled and stood up, carrying Jack upstairs.

"There you go," Dad said, smiling.

"Thank you," I said. I took Jack over to the cradle. Mom handed me his little pajamas and I carefully changed him and put on his pajamas. I set him down in the cradle. His little fingers twitched as he slept. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips.

"I need a job," I said, turning to my parents. They stared at me in awe.

"Let's talk in the kitchen," Mom suggested. I didn't want to leave Jack, but I followed them downstairs anyway.

"I want a job," I said again once we were seated around the table.

"You don't need a job Isabella," Mom said.

"I want to support Jack and I don't want to make you do it," I said.

"The thought is sweet Izzy, but we don't mind. We want you to be a normal teenager, worry about being a mother later." Dad said.

"No, I want to do this, not later, but now." I insisted.

"What about school?" Mom asked.

"You can home school me," I said.

"She can't homeschool you if you're at work all day," Dad challenged.

"Then I'll get a job I can do at night, I'll even go back to high school if Mom doesn't want to home school me," I offered.

"We'll see how you handle it to the end of the summer. Then, we'll consider it," Dad said. I stood up and hugged them and hurried to go back upstairs, just to watch Jack sleep.

"Oh and I don't want you guys to buy anything. I'll do it." I said, thinking of the money they'd already spent of Jack.

"Izzy it's our job--"

"No, it's not your job. It's my job and I've been sucking at it. Please," I begged. Mom sighed and nodded. Dad agreed too.

"Good, I'll start looking tomorrow," I said. I practically skipped up the stairs. I felt so much better and I had no idea why. It was like I'd been living my life in third person, only seeing everything, not really partaking in it. Now I would take it all back and live the way I wanted to.

"Why are you so happy?" Andrew asked. I shrugged and ruffled his hair. He ducked away and slammed himself against the wall. Emma came out of the bathroom drying her hair in a towel.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked Emma, eyeing me like I had rabies.

"Beats me," Emma shrugged. "But I have a boat load of homework to do, so if you don't mind," She said, disappearing into my room. I suddenly ached for homework. Something was wrong with me. I wanted to be able to complain about homework again, I wanted to take tests. As crazy as it sounded I wanted to go back to school.

"I'm going back for senior year." I said. Emma turned and gawked at me.

"You're coming back?" She nearly shrieked. My mom had been home schooling be since the beginning of junior year. It was March now so there really wasn't a reason to go back with only three months left, but I wasn't missing senior year.

"Yes," I said.

"I thought you didn't want to?" She asked.

"Well I changed my mind," I shrugged. Andrew placed his hand on my forehead.

"There has to be something wrong with her," He said. I swiped his hand away.

"There is nothing wrong with me, I just realized I want to live my life," I said.

"You're not going to embarrass me like Emma right?" Andrew asked. Next year would be his freshman year and I could just imagine the torment Emma would put him through. That used to be my job and now he was coming to me for protection. My God, what has the world come to?

"More," I said. I ruffled his hair again and went into my room. The walls were empty of anything personal. My desk was cleaned off. My bedding was switched out for an ugly beige set after the cutting incident. My room was sterile and I hated it.

I went into my closet after putting on my pajamas and took out a few of the boxes in it. I'd packed up anything that had ever made me happy. I set them outside of the closet, determined that tomorrow I would personalize my room again. I climbed into my bed.

"Tonight is the last night Isabella gets my room," I told myself. "Tomorrow, Izzy is taking over."