Chapter 8. He's Gone.

"You whore you didn't text me!" Megan screamed, jumping on my bed. I shrieked and fell off the bed. The air rushed from my lungs.

"Megan, what in the hell are you doing in my room?" I gasped.

"You didn't tell me how your date with Ryder was," Megan said, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, climbing up. I looked to the crib. Jack's eyes were huge and watery. Poor baby, he would have to get used to Megan's craziness. I crossed the room and picked him up, rocking him as I filled Megan in on my night.

"We went out to dinner and he told me that Emma told him about Jack. He doesn't know a lot, but he knows that. So we went to the movie then, but it sucked. We left the movie and went to his house and played Mario Kart for like two hours."

"That's so adorable," Megan said.

"Yeah, ok dear," I said, laying Jack on his changing table. Megan watched and hummed as I readied Jack for the day.

"So I was thinking we could go to the mall or something," Megan said, swinging her feet back and forth on my bed.

"No, you're being punished," I said.

"Punished? For what I didn't-- Oh yeah. Fine. You can punish me all you want. Sam won't." Megan mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stooping down to look through Jack's drawer for his clothes.

"He's not even mad at me! I don't get it!" She shrieked. Jack started to cry and I scowled at her over my shoulder.

"Sorry," She muttered. I calmed Jack down and dressed him after I changed him.

"So why isn't Sam mad at you?" I asked, handing Jack to her and digging in my closet.

"I don't know! I'm so upset!" Megan shrieked. I quickly changed for Jack's sake.

"He's just--ok with it?" I asked, shocked.

"He was angry, but more at Jake then me! He doesn't even want to take a break. I'm so confused." Megan sighed. I took Jack back and she flopped onto the bed.

"Talk to him," I suggested.

"He doesn't want to talk about it! I've tried and he just tells me to let it go." Megan said.

"Then listen to him," I snapped.

"Can we please do something?" Megan begged.

"Let's go get frozen yogurt or something," I suggested.

"ICE CREAM!" Megan screamed. Andrew and Emma appeared in the door.

"We want ice cream," They said.

"I said frozen yogurt, I like that better," I said.

"Fine whatever as long as we get some," They shrugged. I sighed and led my caravan downstairs.

"Mom can we borrow your car? We're going for frozen yogurt," I asked.

"Yeah sure," Mom said. "Don't you guys want any breakfast first?"

"That's why we're going," Andrew said. Mom rolled her eyes and handed me a bottle for Jack.

"Thank you Momma," I said, kissing her cheek.

_-_-_-_

"Do you think Jack likes frozen yogurt?" Andrew asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged. I swiped my finger through Andrew's yogurt and held my finger to Jack's mouth. He eagerly sucked on my finger. He giggled once the ice cream was gone and held his mouth open for more.