Chapter 16. Make Up.

Start from the beginning

"I just wanted it to go away," I didn't even realize what I'd said until Dad looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked. This time I couldn't hold myself back. I threw my arms around his neck and cried. My whole body shook and he held his arms around me and let me cry until I was hiccuping and trying to catch my breath.

"Tell me what you mean, Iz," he said softly.

"I didn't want to feel so broken anymore. I thought that if I proved to myself that I wasn't I would be fine, but it didn't help at all. Jace is different, I'm not afraid of him, but it didn't help me feel any better. I still feel used." I sniffed, keeping my buried in his shirt.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I can't pretend to know what you're going through. I wish I could understood more about what you're feeling and how you're dealing with this. I promise I won't judge you so quickly next time. I promise I'll keep in mind that you're not the old Izzy anymore." He whispered. His words shocked me. I'd known that I had changed, that I wasn't the same person anymore, but no one else seemed to notice.

"Thank you," I kept my face buried in his chest, never wanting to let go.

"You make a great mother, Izzy. I'm very proud of you for what you're doing. I just wish you didn't have to go through what you went through to get here." He said. I didn't reply. I didn't want to talk anymore or think about anything.

"I'll let you sleep now," he whispered. I nodded and slipped down onto my pillow. Dad pulled the covers up around my shoulders and I freed my arms, a habit I'd fallen into. Dad leaned down and kissed my head, something he hadn't done in over four years.

"Sleep tight, Izzy," he whispered as he left the room. I rolled over and let the sleep consume me.

Andrew's POV

Sometimes it really pissed me off that Dad loved Izzy more than me. I was supposed to be the favorite wasn't I? I was the youngest and his only son, but no she beat me. No matter how hard I tried to be angry at Izzy about it, I couldn't. It was impossible for people not to love Izzy, even though she was annoying and constantly sarcastic.

And now she was just rubbing it in my face once again, but like I said I didn't blame her.

I heard Dad go into her room and Jack finally quit crying. Then Izzy started crying and I imagined Dad was comforting her. Tomorrow they would be back to normal and talking again. Mom would be angry that she couldn't figure it out before they made up.

Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard a broken whimpering sound that I thought was Jack. I quickly climbed out of bed, hoping to stop his crying before he woke Izzy and everyone else. I opened the door to Izzy's room and that's when I saw that the noise wasn't coming from Jack, but Izzy.

She lay on her bed with her arms pressed against her sides and into the mattress like someone was holding them down. She was crying, soundlessly. She strained her head away as if she were trying to get away from something. She started to hyperventilate. Her lips were pressed together like something was keeping her from making any noise. Suddenly her mouth flew open and she let out the most blood curdling scream.

"Izzy, wake up!" I ordered, falling back agaisnt the wall as she continued to scream.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Izzy repeated over and over. Her voice was so broken and desperate. Her torso twisted as she tried to escape the invisible force holding her down. She let out a shriek of agony and began to cry harder.

"What did you do," Dad asked, rushing into the room. Mom was behind him, holding her hand to her mouth and crying. Emma stood somberly in the hall.