Sing A Song Of Remember

A beautiful green grassy path, the sun was shining through the trees and onto the trail. The path lead to a huge opening, the green grass was half decently long, soaking in the suns rays, a well aged fire pit, one tree with a swing, and vines on the swing that grew white and a pail pink colour flowers on the ropes of the swing. We were surrounded by trees, just one stood out. The tree that had the swing had a carving one it. A heart? Inside the heart it said. I love you my Natalie.

Her father.

Natalie danced around looking at the sight before her. "We used to play around here, dance, sing. We would cut down a branch and sit on it and sing, never had a brake. It was our favorite place to go, it was our place and only ours. If something happened we would go here, this was the only time dad and I could spend time together, we would spend weekends out here together, live on the wild." She takes her shoes off and dances losing herself in the memories.

She sits down on the flower swing. "I loved this place. Dad used to push me on this swing," she looks at the fire pit, "I still remember the story's he told me by the fire pit." She says.

"Can you tell me one?" I ask.

"Ok"

I walk behind her and start pushing the swing.
"Once upon a time, there was a little red head girl, she believed in everything. She seen hope in everyone and had faith in everyone to. One day, her father left, but before he walked out he said, 'my beautiful little red head, always have faith, be strong, and look at everyone and see the best in them my little red head' he looked in her beautiful brown eyes, 'you are my princess' he said then left. One day she was walking down the road when a car pulls up, 'you must be our missing princess' the mysterious man said in the car holding up a picture of the girl, and from that day on, she lived as a princess. Forever."

"Beautiful" I said.

"Do you want to look for that note?" She asked, "sure" she got up from the swing, walked up to the tree. There was a slight whole in the tree were a note was put. She opens it.

Natalie,

My beautiful girl, I wish I was with you right now. My beautiful girl, there has not been one second I regret leaving you. I love you. I will never have a real life without you, I wish, wish, wish, wish I was there for you! My beautiful bumblebee, I did not leave because of you, please don't think that. I left because I took the wrong path in life, please don't make the mistake I did. I love you.

Love: Dad <3

Tears started rolling down her cheeks, "I miss you" I wrap my arm around her waist, she sets her head on my shoulder. "I love you" she looks up at me, "I love you to" I reply.

My beautiful bumblebee.

That was stuck in my head.

My beautiful bumblebee.

I wish I could relate to her pain, to comfort her. But I can't.

My beautiful bumblebee.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We pulled up the truck into the opening, Tegan told me to go to the beach and he'll catch up to me he just needed to do something quickly.

I walked to the beach, and stuck my feet into the water while sitting on a log. I started humming Love You Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Megan Trainor Ft. John Legend.

Hum hum hum.

I feel someone sit beside me on the log. Tegan, I swoon.

"I've got a surprise for you!" He chims.
"Ok!" I get up from the log, and I follow Tegan to the little opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha-ha! Click hanger. Thanks for the reads guys and gals! Hope your enjoying!

-N.C.