The Basketball Game

"HEEEEY!! NATALIE!" My mother yells downstairs, of our 2 story house. "WHAT IM SLEEPING!!!" It was only 7 A.M. on a Saturday. "DO YOU WANT TO GO TO A BASKETBALL GAME!" Mother yells even louder than before. I think for a moment. " IS KIM GOING?"
"YES. SHE INVITED YOU" " OK. ILL GO!" I get up out of my bed. Set out what I wanted to wear,Kim is my number 1 best friend, she has short straight chin length brown hair, and beautiful hazel eyes.

My background was kind of sad. My brother George died when he was 15, from a drunk driver. I was only 13, and that changed my whole point of view. Now I am in grade 12, now 17. My brother was going to be 19. I was now the spoiled one -well from my mother. Once my brother died I became deeply depressed, but I am getting better now.

I hop into the shower washing away those thoughts that were getting me teary. Once I come out I blow dry my hair and put on my clothes. I grabbed a $10 bill out of my piggy bank and put it in my wallet in my purse. Suddenly "NATALIE KIMS HERE!" my mom shouts, and scars me. I brush my hair one more time, and quickly put on makeup. Then walk downstairs.

Kim has a car, and she drives, she is 18 years old. I hop into the passenger side of the car and buckle up. "Let's go" I say before we leave my dooryard. We enter the lobby of my school. And walk towards the enterence of the gym. A sign says $2 for students $5 dollars for none students. So I give the person running the canteen $2 and they give me a ticket for a weekend pass. Kim gives them a 5 and they give her a ticket to.

I walk back into the lobby, cause they also have food you can buy. And I didn't get to eat anything yet, and I was starving. I buy some nachos, and go into the gym and sit beside Kim on the stone hard bleachers. The boys haven't even started practice before the game yet. We were really early. Once I was done my nachos I walked out and into the lobby again, to through them out. I turn around and sure enough there they were, the varsity boys basketball team. I look at each one of them as they pass me, then. There he is. Tegan Frye. He was the last one out the door but while he passed we had a moment. A perfect one. We stared into each others eyes. He had very nice brown eyes and nicely cut black hair, laid down to perfection.

When he passed, I walked back into the gym. " well that took long." Kim says to me " well when I turned around the basketball team was going by" and it was then when I realized I couldn't get my mind off Tegan. And the fact that he is now starring at me, while he is practicing. " Oooh! I think Tegan Frye likes you! " Kim says easily hitting me with her elbow. " No, he's probably wondering why I am here, because of my past" I comment back." No I think what I said was more accurate" Kim says once more. " He likes you Natalie. Believe me I know boys. He likes you. " "OK get over those thoughts already!" I pull out my iPhone and start to text some people who were trying to get ahold of me.

"Can u come over?"
"Where r u?"
"R u k?"
That was most of my texts. As I reply, suddenly. BOOM! A ball hits the bleacher in front of me and I jump. I pick up the ball and through it to the one and only. Tegan Frye. "Thank you" he says catching the ball. He has a deep voice, but not scary deep. And his deep voice made me have goosebumps, " your welcome" I reply.

For that whole basketball game I had my mind on Tegan. They were going against Sussex, and even though Sussex has some handsome boys on there team, I just couldn't seem to keep my mind off him. And by the looks of things neither could Tegan. He just kept staring. But it seemed he had some anger to, because every time Sussex got a point he would either cause a tenical or a fowl. Which meant Sussex won, because of that.

But angry or not, he still looked really cute.

~~~~~~~~
[TEGAN]

Is that Natalie? I wonder as we pass paths. She's looking well, and by well I mean, STILL SMOKING HOT AS EVER! I have always loved her, with her socially awkwardness, and her weirdness. It was beautiful. She has really grown to be a beautiful young lady. Her light blue eyes meet my brown eyes. I really wanted to go over there and just kiss her. But I don't. This might hinder something. Because Gorge was on my team when he was 15, I went to his funeral, the whole team did. And when I saw Natalie's face when she seen her brothers corpse. I can't explain. I can't explain what she was feeling. At least the drunk driver was put in jail for life.

But that didn't change anything for Natalie. She became depressed. Deeper and deeper, living without her brother, and father it was killing her. Her father left her and her family when she was only 1 month. She blames herself, Her mother blames herself. But there was truth behind it. But nobody knows it. I haven't seen her for a while since the funeral. I'll see her once in a while, but not often.

As I was practicing I couldn't seem to get my mind off her. Why is she here? At my game? I couldn't help but sneak a few glances sometimes. More like stares. The ball was going to be shot but it slipped out of my hands when someone passes it to me. BOOM! It lands in front of Natalie, she jumps. Grabs it and throughs it to me. "Thank you" " your welcome" she has a soft voice that gives me goosebumps all over. I run back to my place and shoot the ball in the net. It went in!

And even still during the game it seemed as if I still couldn't get my mind off her. She's perfect. I need her. She's my everything. But I couldn't keep my anger inside of me, so every time Sussex shot a ball I got mad, cursed or made a fowl. Without her I couldn't control my feelings at all. I needed her.

But I don't know if she felt the same? And I wasn't going to make a fool of myself it front of her, just to be let down. I would just have to get close to her. But how?

~~~~~~~~~
November,29th,2015

Published: February, 26,2016