Chapter 49:Waking up

Chapter 49

Warning this story is rated M for Mature...you've been warned ;)

My eyes shot open. I sat straight up, gasping for air. I looked around frantically. Then I paused... I'm dead...I'm actually dead... "Nyla" I heard a voice call. I looked around, "Nyla" the voice called again. "Who are you" my voice echoed. A person appeared infront of me, and I jumped. My hand shot up to my chest, and I grasped my shirt, "You almost gave me a heart attack Hayden...wait Hayden...what are you doing here" I asked looking at him in confusion. He walked closer to me, and held me. "From the moment I saw you...I knew you were the one for me... I knew I wanted to be with you, but then all of this happened. Nyla.." he whispered, "I miss you...I miss your smile that used to brighten up my day. I miss the blush that used to creep on your face whenever I'd compliment you, I miss everything. From the arguments to the sweet kisses you gave me...I miss it all. There's not one day that I don't regret what happened. There's not one day I don't wish for you to be back. Back in my arms...back in my life. Nyla I love you, and I regret not telling you that when I had the chance" he whispered sadly. "Nyla...if you can hear me...could you please do me one favor...wake up..." he pulled away from me, slipping out of my arms. Tears filled my eyes...none of this makes sense to me. "Hayden" I called.

"Wake up" his voice echoed as he got further and further away. What does he mean by wake up?

"Hayden" I cried again, running towards him. But I only seemed to get further away. "Hayden" I shrieked, still trying to catch up to him. I lost my balance, and fell forward. I threw my hands out, placing them in front of me. Thud... I collapsed on the ground, I glanced up, seeing him disappear. More tears sprung from my eyes, he was gone. "Please!!! Just let me go back!! Please!!" I yelled, looking around the empty space. "Please!!" my voice echoed. "I don't want to be alone" I whispered. "I don't want to die alone" I whispered. I looked up, and darkness started to surround me. I tried to scream but I felt the air being cut out of me, as the shadows began to engulf me. My body straightened and I was lifted up, suspended in mid air. A sharp pain ran through me, and I my eyes slipped shut. This is the end...

 Beep, beep, beep, beep

My eyes peeked open, and I glanced around myself. I heard a gasped, "Nyla" someone asked in shock. I was embraced in a hug. "I'd thought you'd be gone" he whispered. He pulled back, and I looked at him, "H-hayden...wha-what happened" I asked sounding hoarse. "After Jayce had tried to kill you...you lost alot of blood and went into a coma." he whispered, looking down sadly. He sat back down in the chair next to my bed. "How long have I been in a coma" I questioned in amusement. "A year" he answered quietly. "A what?" I yelled sitting up.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

My heart started to pound. "Nyla calm down" he said placing his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down?! Calm down?! I've been in a coma for a whole year!! " I panicked, looking around frantically. It was all a dream?! None of it actually happened...I just imagined it all? Why'd everything feel so real? I started to piece things together...the shocks...the sharp pains, everything... while they were working on me in real life...I could feel it in my dream land... I created my own reality... A different path was a way of trying to recreate a new life.

I took in deep breaths and looked looked at Hayden. "Where is everyone else" I asked. "Aiden comes everyday around night time, Austin comes in the mornings, and I come in the evening. We kind of have shifts with you. Davien was here last week, he visits every two week, he's in England now. Your mom comes everyday..." I cut him off... "Zane, Lana, Brielle, Trentin...are they real" I questioned. Hayden's eyes grew wide..."How do you know about them?" he questioned in shock. "I dreamt about them...all of them..." I whispered. "Zane...he's our triplet, not many know about him because our family wanted to protect him. Lana and Trentin are twins we knew back in England, they were friends with my girlfriend....Brielle,my human girlfriend from England..." he explained. "And what about Hannah and Rachel" I questioned. "Hannah is the reason why we are protecting Zane...the counsel thinks he killed her. Rachel is the girl who set Zane up...she's part of the Silvieter coven" he answered quietly. I guess since I'm asking questions I might as well get them out of the way, "Are you...are you part of the Silvieter coven too" I questioned.

He looked down and sighed, "You heard about it while you were sleeping didn't you" he questioned. "Yes" I answered shakily. He sighed running a hand through his hair, "We were part of the coven...Aiden, Jason and I got out of it, right before we moved near Dustin and Taryn. We found out what they were doing to people and joined the real Phoenix coven with Zane. That's the reason they bonded us...they wanted us to rejoin, and threatened to split us up if we didn't. That's why Jayce did it...he knew if he killed you, it would kill me too." he clenched his jaw. I grabbed his hand, and squeezed it lightly...trying to get his mind off of the events that took place, "For now let's just focus of the positive" I smiled. I let go of his hand, and moved my body towards the edge of the bed, "How am I still strong" I asked in amusement. "While you were in the coma, the nurses tried to keep things in motion. Even though you couldn't talk...for some reason you could move. The doctors said it's rarely been seen. You even opened you're eyes a few times...but you acted as if you were just a shell...you didn't talk, nor did you look around...it was as if you had tunnel vision, only staring straight ahead... they kept your in physical therapy, and you started to become less weak" he explained.

"Hayden I have one more question to ask you...for now.." he nodded for me to continue, "I was bitten twice in my dreamland...could that be why I began to become stronger" I asked. His eyebrows furrowed, "Who bit you" he questioned. "Zane...both times" I answered. "Oh...well umm...did anything.." "Hayden" I warned, "the only weird thing that happened was my arm started to glow...when we...kissed" I mumbled. "You know...why don't we just start with what happened after the Jayce incident" he said adjusting himself more comfortably in the chair. I sighed, and started my story...telling him every little detail I could.

"Wow...so you made me the bad guy...thanks Nyla" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, "Is that all you got out of the story" I asked. He shook his head, "No...it's strange how some of the stories sound true, like they actually happened...well besides the part where you made me the bad guy...and how did Aiden end up being good...I mean come on... and Zane...how did you end up liking him...and Brielle being a witch/vampire, Hannah still being alive, and I'm surprised you know about our other brother, Travis..." I threw a hand up, cutting him off, "Stop judging my stories...it's my fantasy world...but don't you find it the slightest bit odd, that I know people I've never met before in my life" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Well, kind of...I'm sure someone cast a dream spell on your...someone from the Silvieter coven...they might have been trying to feed you information...some true, and some misleading..." he answered.

I heard the door creak open, and our eyes shot to it. Her jaw nearly dropped. The nurse ran up to me and hugged me tightly, "Thank God you're okay" she whispered. She pulled back, and looked at me. Her sky blue eyes bore into mine, as she grinned widely. "Nyla, I'm Penny, short for Penelope, I've been you're nurse throughout the whole year...we were all just waiting for you to wake up" she said excitedly. I smiled, looking at the the young, bubbly nurse. She looked like she was in her early twenties. "Nice to finally meet you Penny" I said embracing her in a hug. She giggled, as I pulled away, "We have tons to catch up on" she said smiling. I smiled, "Ohh, so when do I get out of here" I said looking around. Her smiled slightly dropped, "We have to run test on you...but it'll only take about three to fours days...maybe even less" she answered. "Okay...maybe we can go hang out somewhere after I get out of here" I smiled. She grin excitedly, "Of course" she said walking towards the door. She opened it, and spun around, looking at me again, "I'm so happy that you're finally awake" she said smiling as she shut the door.

I heard the door click shut and sighed, "My cheeks hurt" I said rubbing them. Hayden chuckled, "She really enjoys your company...sometimes while you were sleep she would ever talk to you. She's always smiling, and was just waiting for you to wake up" he smiled. A smile began to creep on my lips, I glared at Hayden, "Quit that...you're not supposed to be making me smile" I said holding my cheeks. He smirked and moved my hands away from my face, replacing them with his. "Well I guess this won't help either" he whispered leaning in and capturing my lips. I instantly melted in the kiss.... I never knew how much I missed his kisses. I never knew how much I actually missed him....