Chapter 17: Voices

Chapter 17
Warning this story is rated M for Mature...you've been warned ;)
"Wake up" I heard a voice whisper. My eyes slipped open. I looked around myself, no one was there. I slowly sat up, looking around. Still...no one...I'm hearing things. I roll to the edge of the bed and look over...no one. I slid off the bed, and walked towards the bathroom. I open the door then.... "Nyla," I heard the whisper again. I turned around and bumped into something, bringing it down with me, closing my eyes as I fell. I hit the ground with a loud thud. I slowly opened my eyes, and right on top of me was....oh yeaa, you guessed it...Hayden...oh joyy...guess what he's in...yeaa you guessed right...a towel!! He put two hands on either side of my head and stared at me wide eyed. I squirmed under him and his eyes slipped shut, he groaned.

"Don't do that" he said breathlessly. His eyes slowly opened, "What were you doing in my bathroom" he asked in a stern voice.

"I was...umm...I heard someone say wake up...so I got up. I looked around and no one was there, so I went looking for someone," I said rapidly.

He raised an eyebrow, "Great I'm bonded to a crazy...” he said rolling his eyes.

I glared at him, "No it's true, I heard...you know what never mind. I don't need to explain myself to you" I hissed.

"It's not like I would actually want to hear your excuses" he retorted.

I glared at him, "Must you be such an asshole?" I said clenching my fist.

"Must you be such a bit...”

"Don't say something you'll regret" I said giving him a hard look.

"Ha, who said I would ever regret it" he said inching down more.

"Oh you will, believe me" my eyes narrowed dangerously, into slits.

"What make you think that? Plus...I would never believe you...you're a liar" he spat.

"Really...your still on that, when will you just let it go" I yelled.

"When you finally realize who you want" he yelled back. He stared down at me for a few more seconds before getting up, and walking into his closest. I slowly got up from the floor.

I walked out the bathroom, and back into the room. I walked over to the bed and flopped down. He came out a few seconds later in dark gray sweats and a black short sleeve shirt. He walked over to his side of the bed and laid down on his back, hands behind his head. "Hayden?" I questioned.

"What?" he spat, not looking at me.

"Do you regret having this bond?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"Right now...yes, that doesn't mean I'll regret it in the future...but now...I hate it" he said glancing towards me, then looking back up.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because, I'm bonded to a girl that doesn't have mutual feelings for me, and is more interested in my brother" he said with venom.

"The feelings are mutual" I said in such a low whisper that I highly doubt he even heard it.

He looked towards me, "What did you say?”

"Nothing" I said sighing.

"Nyla, just tell me."

"I said the feelings are mutual"...did he just command me...I slapped a hand over my mouth.

He smirked, "I heard you the first time. Super sensitive hearing remember? I just wanted you to say it again". I blushed, then I looked up and glared at him.