Chapter 11: Old Friend

Chapter 11

Warning this story is rated M for Mature...you have been warned ;)

Normal POV (Nyla)

When he fucks up don't come running back to me...

The words repeated in my head over and over again as I stared up at the ceiling fan in my room. I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand...it's only 4:27 am. What the hell am I gonna do? It's not like I can talk to anyone, the one person I could talk to hates me now, and everyone else in the house is sleep. I sighed. I still have that horrible feeling in my chest. The heartbreak...it just won't go away...

I got up and slid towards the edge of my bed. I'm not gonna just lay here and mope. My feet slid down onto the black carpet. I walked across my bedroom and opened up the double doors. The cool breeze hit my face. I walked towards the black metal rails on the balcony. It was huge, it had a black sofa on it, and a glass table with two blue velvety chairs on either side of it. I leaned on the rails, and looked up at the moon, just like I would do at my house. I would just sit on the window seat in my room and stare outside, forgetting about all my problems. I stood there for a few minutes, until I got this weird feeling. I felt like someone was watching me. I quickly turned around, no one was there. I looked around me...

Nothing.

I leaned back against the railing, and an arm wrapped around my waist. I was about to scream, but before I could a hand was placed over my mouth. "Nyla, don't be afraid it's just me" he whispered in my ear. His voice sounded familiar...but not like anyone else's in this house. I slowly turned, and he took his hand off my mouth.

“Tyler?" I asked confused, then realization hit me, “Tyler!! What the hell are you doing here" I whisper yelled. Let me give you a bit of background on this guy. He lived next to me almost all my life. He was my other next door neighbor, and my best friend. We were supposed to hang out this summer, but he went on a vacation with Keela and Shayla, my other best friends, and his sisters. They were supposed to be in the Bahamas until the end of summer.

"Well I had to see my best friend, so I came back for a few days. Keela and Shayla stayed there. I just got here, and saw you outside...I thought I would surprise you" he smiled.

"Surprise...more like scare the shit out of me" I him in the chest.

"Sorry" he chuckled, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"How'd you even get up here?" I asked confused. I live on the second floor, and from here to the ground...that's about a 16 foot drop.

“I have my ways" he smirked. I rolled my eyes. He'd always been a dare devil. He pulled me into my room and closed the double doors behind us.

He let me go and flopped onto my bed, before grabbing the remote and turning on the television. "What the hell do you think you're doing Tyler, you're not even supposed to be here" I whisper yelled.

"Oh come on, I just got back. Can I at least have a few hours with my bestfri..." he stopped and looked around my room, "I forgot to ask this, but... who's house is this? I thought nobody lived here," he asked glancing up at me. I noticed I was still standing. I walked over towards him and laid down on my bed next to him.

"My mom is out of town for the next two weeks, and she said if I ever get lonely I should come over here. They said I could live here, so now..." I was cut off.

"They? Who are they?" he asked slightly confused.

"Yeah, they...and there are four people who live here...five if you include me...Blake, Aiden, Hayden, Davien, and I," I whispered their names so he could barely hear them.

"What?! You're living here with four guys?! No no no, what are you thinking, Nyla" Tyler whisper yelled, looking slightly pissed.

"Yes I do, why is that such a problem to you...even my mom trust them, Tyler" I retorted.

"Why is that a problem," he asked, incredulously, "Because Nyla, I'm a guy. I know how guys think, and even though your mom trusts them... I don’t."

“You don't know them Tyler; you can't judge someone before you know them. They're all great guys and..."

"Do you like one of them?" he asked. This question threw me off.

"What does that have to do with living here?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"It's a simple yes or no question Nyla...do you like one of them, or I don't know, maybe you like more than one," he said turning back to the tv. Why does he look so angry? I sighed, I have to tell him. He's my bestfriend. We don't really keep secrets from each other.

“Okay, at first I had feelings for Davien...now we're just friends, but I guess you can say I have a little bit of feelings for Hayden and Aiden".

He looked back towards me, "Have you had sex with one of them? Have you kissed them?" his voice sounded calm, but his face told another story. He looked angry.

“No and yes... no I haven't had sex, but yes I kissed Hayden" he looked hurt when I said that. He looked away from me.

He sighed, "I just don't want you to end up getting hurt Nyla" he said in a soft voice.

"I won't get hurt Tyler. I...” he cut me off.

"You don't know that Nyla...just...just do one thing for me...don't fall too fast" he said in a sad tone.

"Tyler it's not like I'm falling for them, I might have just a little crush on them" I said.

"Just...promise me you won't fall to fast Nyla" he said looking back towards me.

"I promise" I replied, quietly. I wasn't even sure if I could keep it, but I'd try. He smiled at me, and pulled me closer towards him. I laid there in his arms.

"I missed you" he whispered against my hair.

"I miss you too Tyler" I whispered back. He started to play with my hair, and before I knew it...I was asleep.