Chapter 23: Unknown

Chapter 23

Warning this story is rated M for Mature...you've been warned ;)

I'm Hayden's girlfriend

The words repeated in my head over and over again. I looked over at Hayden, he was glaring at Taylor. He looked over at me, "Nyla..it's not.."

"Save it," I said cutting him off. I walked towards the stairs and quickly got out the pool. I grabbed a towel and walked towards the door.

"Nyla," I heard him call after me. I just ignored him, but when I got to the door I hesitated. For some reason, I wanted him to come after me, I wanted him to stop me...but he didn't. He could've easily caught up to me..but he didn't. I turned the knob, and swung the door open. I walked out and slammed the door behind me. I had to remember...this is real life...and in real life, stuff like that didn't happen. I wondered down the hallways, staring at the ground, not even worrying about my surroundings. I was lost, but not just in this house...in my mind. I was in a daze...

I continued walking down the hallways, every twist and turn...soon to be forgotten. I turned around the corner and was abruptly knocked down. I was pinned down to the ground. I looked up at the person with wide eyes. "Who the hell are you," the person snarled.

I glared at him, "I could ask you the same question," I snapped back.

"You're in my friend's house...I just wanted to know who the hell you were," he spat.

" Is this how you greet everyone," I said rolling my eyes.

He inched closer towards my face, "Only humans," he said in a whisper. I looked at him wide eyed. I forgot I was in the vampire world.

"Listen, if you would get the hell off me, then I'll tell you who I am," I said, snapping back into my bitchy personality.

He glared down at me, "I don't take orders," he said in a low husky tone.

"Neither do I, but still... you need to get the hell off me," I said through clenched teeth.

He glared, "Listen human, I could kill you in a matter of seconds...making me angry and being bitchy isn't going to get you anywhere," he hissed.

"Go ahead... try me," I said in a tempting voice, just egging him on. His face hardened and he looked like he zone out for a second.

His jaw was clenched, "Just tell me who the fuck you are," he said through clenched teeth.

I glared at him, "No. What part of 'I don't take orders' did you not understand." Gosh, what a dumbass. I don't take orders, end of story. In a matter of seconds I was thrown over his shoulders, I didn't even feel him stand up... He took off running down the hall. Before I knew it, I was pushed up against the railing of a balcony.

I looked up at him wide eyed, " What the hell is wrong with you," I yelled at him in a shaky voice. He put his hands around my neck, chocking me. I was gasping for air. I reached up to pull his hands off my neck, but it was no use. "Please.." I managed to choke out, as my eyes started to roll back. I felt his hands pull away from my neck, and I collapsed to the ground. I was still gasping for air. I slowly looked up at him.

He glared down at me, "Are you ready to cooperate" he questioned in annoyance.

I glared up at him, "No," I retorted, in a breathless tone. He bent down and grabbed my arm, pulling me up. Then I felt him tense up. He slowly turned my arm. I looked up at him, he was examining my tattoo.

"Who are you," he asked in a low whisper.

"His conduit," I was still breathless, so it came out in a whisper. He looked up at me wide eyed.