Chapter 25

Mingyu walked towards Jin and wrapped his arms around her shoulders which made her face heat up and she swiftly got away from his hold. "I need to grab something to eat" she excused herself from the him and made her way to the snacks that was displayed in the corner. If Eunji did not remind her tell her about the company party, Jin would have been at home having her dinner instead of snacks. She turned to the wall and lightly tapped on her cheeks to stop herself from blushing like an idiot.

"Party is great huh?" Joshua came from behind and it shocked her, making her jump a bit. Joshua chuckled and leaned on the wall beside Jin and smiled at her. "Did you drink alcohol? Your face is red" he teased and she glared at him playfully and turned around to stand next to him. "It is a great party, and there is lots of people to socialize with. You should go and talk to them" she tried to chase him away but he stood there and stared down at her.

"Are you an alien then?" Jin closed her mouth and he smiled at her, "You look really pretty today, I have to thank Eunji for all the makeup" he said and she shook her head, "Wearing make up is kind of uncomfortable in this weather".

Joshua stared at the crowd and remember something, "I forgot to tell you about our holiday plans. We're going to Jeju Island for a week, are you up for it?" he smiled at her, feeling excited about the trip.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you guys about this as well. I want to go to the country side this holidays" she looked up at the ceiling, trying to stop the tears. Joshua sighed, "well... how about this, we go to Jeju first and then we go to the country side together", he became more excited.

Jin shook her head, "Can you keep this between us for now. I want to go alone, if it's okay with you all. It's just for 2 weeks"

"Where is this country side that you're going alone?" Joshua became overprotective in a second and it made Jin frown, she shook her head for the second time and he just gave her a small nod to indicate that he understood.

"I can't tell you now. I promise that I will be fine" She said and looked at Mingyu from afar who was chatting with the guys. Soonyoung started laughing out loud and it made Joshua laugh as well, "his laugh is so contagious" he commented on the side and she definitely agreed but her eyes only focused on him who just smiled instead. He looked around and noticed her staring back, he quickly waved her to come over but she waved her hands back to tell him that she's alright.

But it was a lie.

Eunji and Hoseok joined Jin later after Joshua left to say a short speech and they sat at the table to eat, "why aren't you with them? Did you fight?" Hoseok asked and Eunji elbowed him for his stupid question. "I don't want my Jin to be with those guys 24/7" she said and grabbed Jin's arms and hugged it. Hoseok glared at Eunji and she slapped his arms, "let's eat, stop talking".

Another morning came and it was just a week away from the break and it made Jin more and more anxious. Eunji looked at her tired face,  and pulled herself closer to Jin's desk "Why are you so gloomy, there is a week left for work and then freedom" she said out loud with a big smile on her face. Jin just stared at her for a while and faked a smile, "I am happy for the holidays" her low voice already gave out that she wasn't in a good mood.

Her phone lit up and Mingyu's Id showed, she bit her lips for a second before answering the call.

"Hey what's up" she tried to sound normal but it was Mingyu, her best friend and her friend that she was crazy in love with. He chuckled on the other line, even with a small chuckle, the butterflies in her stomach started dancing.

"Come out, work's over" he said and hung up. She looked at the time and it was already 5. What was she doing the whole day? The files that were due before the break wasn't touched at all and she groaned.

"Hurry up and pack" his voice echoed in her head and she turned to the side to see him with a smile. Mingyu walked in and grabbed her bag before pulling her behind him, "where are we going?" she asked but he didn't answer but held her hands tighter.

They got in his car but they didn't go anywhere, Mingyu turned to her and gave another smile before turning to the backseats. He reached out for a box and brought it forward, Jin's followed his hand as he opened the box of pizza. Her eyes widened and her mouth opened wide.

"I bought this so we can eat. I didn't have lunch today" he rubbed his stomach and pulled a pizza out for Jin and pulled another for himself. "I had lunch already" Jin said and Mingyu shrugged, "It's pizza, you cannot not eat pizza. Kim Jinhee loves pizza, unquote from Kim Jinhee from high school"

Jin stared at him and started laughing as she remembered the memories from years ago. "It's exactly the same now that I think of it" she smiled and looked at the pizza.

Flashback

"Ahhh I want to eat pizza" Jin whined as she placed her tray on the table with the boys, "you ate it last night, you fat pig" Mingyu teased and they laughed at him. "Shut up" Jin stuffed the vegetables in her mouth and chewed on it slowly as she thought of the pizza that they had for her birthday.

Classes continued after lunch and it was the dismissal bell after few periods of lessons, Jin stayed back in class to finish her homework since she would be busy at home cleaning up. She stared at the notes which she had to copy down and pouted, "It's 10 pages of notes" she complained and tried to write down quickly.

Her phone beeped and she opened the message to see it from Mingyu, "You fat pig, I'm waiting for you" she rolled her eyes and placed her phone in her bag and continued with her work.

Heavy footsteps approached the door but she didn't notice since she was listening to music and writing notes in a flash.

"Who the hel--" she shouted when someone pulled her earphones from her ears. "You pig. I have been waiting for you downstairs and you're making me wait longer" he closed her books and put it in her bag while Jin glared at him. He put the bag over his shoulders and pulled her behind him closely.

"You should have went home first, I could have walked back" she said and became out of breath from walking and talking at the same time. Mingyu ignored her and pulled her to the car. "Well, your house is on the way so it's safer" he said and closed the door.

Jin looked around, "why are we in the front seat? Where is your driver?" she asked and Mingyu smirked, "There is no driver" he leaned forward towards her only to earn a hit on his cheeks. "Stop it Kim Mingyu" she said and he sat back, "I was just joking, pig" he stuck his tongue out and turned back to grab the box from the backseat.

"Tadahh" he said and Jin looked at the box with glittery eyes, Mingyu opened it and the aroma filled the car and shouts also filled the vehicle. "Pizza pizza pizza" she grabbed a piece and started eating it.

He stared at her and chuckled, "how can you eat so much, you will become a real pizza soon" he grabbed a slice for himself.

"Kim Jinhee loves pizza" her eye smile could only be seen as she munched on the pizza and Mingyu stared at her with a lonely smile.

End of flashback