Chapter 17

The wind blew past her skin, drying her tears as she slowed down after running few blocks away from the neighborhood that the guys were in. The conversation that she overheard replayed in her head and she felt her heart shatter into pieces. She didn't know what to do to it. Firstly, she didn't know why her heart still hurts.

Who knows maybe Jin was with someone else too.

It wasn't Jihoon's voice that was in her heard. Wonwoo's voice filled her mind, she missed the old him. Everyone does. Her heart became heavy as she dragged her feet through her blurry vision.

The people around her groaned as rain fell. Seemed like the sky sympathized her. Maybe it wanted to camouflage her tears with its own. Her hair became drenched quickly and she looked up with a smile, thanking the sky but it did not stop her tears from flowing down her cheeks. She continued making her way toward another block of residential area and stopped in front of one of the houses.

She lifted her arm to knock, no one opened as she knocked a few times. Jin wiped the rain mixed with tears from her face and took a step down before sitting down, waiting for Eunji to return.

Being alone was her fear, it made her recall all the memories with Wonwoo. Everyone stared at her getting wet in the rain and frowned. She couldn't help but look down at her feet, sobbing silently. It wasn't long before her eyes closed as she rested on her arm.

"Kim Jinhee!" A voice shouted in the rain, making her look up. It didn't take Eunji another second before pulling her up and under the shelter. "What are you doing in the rain?" she scolded her but Jin did not reply which made her worry more.

Her swollen eyes became red and Eunji furrowed her eyebrows before giving her a tight hug, "It's going to be alright. Let me open this door and get you dried" she said and unlocked the door with one hand.

Eunji supported Jin to the couch and ran to the closet for the spare towels to dry her for the time-being as she set a bath for her.

"The bath is going to take a while to be filled so can you tell me what happened?" Eunji asked her while drying her clothes.

"I heard everything" Jin could only mumble as she had no energy to speak. Eunji opened her mouth to ask another question but she closed it as she saw how tired Jin was. She gave a nod, "alright... the bath should be ready now. Let's get you out of these clothes" she pulled Jin to the bathroom.

While Jin was in the bath, Eunji walked to her bedroom to get spare clothes for Jin to change. She paused and peeked out to see if Jin was still in the bath. Once the coast was clear she swiftly tip toed to the counter for her cell phone.

"Eunji" Jin's soft voice was heard and Eunji retreated her hands to her side.

"Yes!" She shouted back to her, staring at the phone for a second before heading to the bathroom.

She put the toilet seat down and placed the spare clothes on it. Jin opened her eyes and looked at Eunji. "Can you not tell the boys that I am here" she asked in a weak voice.

Her voice was becoming hoarse, and she nodded at her best friend with a smile but deep inside she was ashamed as she was about to call one of them about her whereabouts.

"I'll let you relax but don't relax too long. The heat is not too good for you" she said and walked out of the bathroom.

Jin nodded and once she was out of the room, she took a deep breath as she let another tear drop. She bit her lips as hard as she could to stop thinking about the past that she learned to forget.

Flashbacks of Wonwoo holding her broke her heart. She shook her head and went under the water for few seconds before getting out of the bath.

Eunji placed a bowl of congee on the table and pushed it towards her. "I'm alright" Jin pushed it back which made Eunji sigh.

"You need to have something or else you're going to get sick" she complained. Jin looked at her for a while and bit her lips again which was red from the previous bite.

She grabbed the bowl and had few spoons before placing it back. "I think I should head back home" she got up but Eunji, being the stubborn friend pulled her back.

Her eyes widened at the heat coming from her body. "Oh my god" she touched her forehead and then Jin's. "You're sick. You're such a stupid girl for being in the rain" Eunji scolded her before making her lay down on the cushion.

"Get some sleep. I'll wake you up for dinner. Hobi Oppa is cooking tonight" she tucked her in a blanket and smiled.

"Promise me that you won't call" Jin put out her pinky and Eunji frowned.

"I promise"