Chapter 19

Wonwoo POV

I've been driving around for a while, but I still couldn't take my mind off the fact that Jin overheard everything when the guys were explaining to Mingyu. Everything messed up.

"Arghh" I screamed out of frustration, disappointed at the guys and myself. I turned the car around and drove to my first destination.

I parked the car and called her number.

"The number you called is switched off" I threw my phone away, feeling more frustrated. I walked up to the door, about to knock hard on the door but her crying face appeared, making me pause my actions.

I softly knocked and waited. Worry filled me up, I knocked again and again. Giving up on the third try, I headed out to my second destination.

Eunji was someone that Jinhee approached whenever she had problems and this problem is probably the worst. It must have made her feel like unwanted. I feel like shit right now, my heart got heavier and I took a deep breathe. I looked in front and saw that it was Eunji's house. I pulled the hand brakes as I parked a block away. The rain became heavy and I stared at the front door. Without thinking twice, I got out and ran towards the house which Jinhee was in, I was sure.

I paused and stared at the front door, being drenched in the rain. I took a few steps and knocked on the door. Foot steps could be heard and I smiled to myself, Jinhee must be inside, I tried to be positive.

Eunji opened the door and her eyes widened at the sight of me. She must have been shocked to see me since the last time we met was the first visit, which wasn't good.

"What are you doing here?" that was the first thing she said and I kind of knew she wouldn't greet me. I didn't want to waste another second in the rain, "Is Jinhee here?" I quickly asked and she opened her mouth to say something but she just shook her head, "She's not here, you should go back".

I tried to look inside but she was blocking the way. "Please don't lie to me. I need to see her" I pleaded, guilt filled me up as the rain got heavier. She shook her head again, "I'm sorry she is not here" she bowed her head. I clenched my fist tight, I knew she was inside. I'm not going to leave without seeing her, I owe her an apology.

"Eunji please" I asked again, my lips shook as tears began to well up. "You should just go home, Wonwoo" she closed the door and I felt my legs getting weak.

"Eunji!, come on. I know Jin is inside. Just let me see her one last time" I shouted, competing with the rain. Heavy foot steps was heard and the door opened, I stared at her and a smile appeared unknowingly. At least she was safe but she did not look alright. Her face was pale and her eyes were swollen.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me before staring at my bruised face, I was speechless. "Are you alright?" I quietly asked her and she gave a slight shrug, I wiped the rain off my face and smiled at her. "I need to talk to you, can I come in for a seco-"

"No" she interrupted me and I just nodded before taking a step closer to her. "I just came to tell you that I'm sorry for lying. I'm sorry for cheating and I'm sorry for being a jerk when you tried to talk it over instead of breaking up, I--" I stopped as she lifted her hand as a signal to stop.

Jin shook her head, "It's too late now, I've... moved on" she had a pause in between and I felt something inside of me crack. "It's not too late, Jinhee. I don't want you to be sad anymore" I tried to hold her hands but she pulled her hands away weakly. "I'm fine, I'm not sad. Please Wonwoo go home. You're going to get sick" she said and held onto the door knob to close the door.

I pushed the door further, I wasn't done. "Will you forgive me? Can we be like the old times again, best friends?" I asked her. She was silent as her head bowed and leaned on her arm that was against the door, I asked her again.