Chapter 23

Heads turned to the door and an angry Mingyu was seen, his face was red. But it wasn't just Mingyu, everyone stared at Hyejin and then at Jin. "Get away from her, right now!" Mingyu yelled and Hyejin flinched before taking few steps away from her.

"Are you alright? I shouldn't have left you alone with her" Mingyu wiped the oncoming tears that was rolling down on Jin's cheeks. She shook her head and wrapped her arms around him tight. Her words about her past didn't hurt her, but those daggers about her being an orphan hit the spot. She missed her parents.

Hyejin turned to Wonwoo, who was staring at Jin sobbing onto Mingyu's chest and turned to her with a glare. She frowned at his reaction, "are you on her side as well oppa?" she raised her voice and pointed at Jin. Seokmin's eyebrows furrowed before pushing his way to the front, "First of all Jinhee is not an orphan. She has us. What's your problem anyways" he crossed his arms as his anger rose.

"She's trying to steal Oppa from me. She's still waiting for you, do I even have to state obvious?" she whined at Wonwoo who just stared at her with pokerface. "Why did you call her an orphan?" his voice was low and sharp, Hyejin stared back at him feeling dumbfounded. "I didn't" tears blurred her vision as she lied to him.

A door opened and Junhui walked out with a sly smile which was towards Hyejin. "Stop acting so innocent" he said and walked towards her.
"Oppa, are you going to let them accuse me?" She grabbed onto Wonwoo's arm and shook him.

Junhui raised his hand holding his phone and smirked, "It's all in here. I recorded every single thing that happened. in. video. Shall I play it for you?" he unlocked his phone and showed them the icon of the video that has yet to be played. It showed Hyejin holding onto Jin's hair and Soonyoung looked away from the small screen.

Jihoon grabbed the phone from Junhui and pushed it inside his jeans pocket and turned to Wonwoo, "I think you should take Hyejin home. We won't allow her to join us in the future but for you, it's your choice on which side you're going to be in"

Everyone were in the living room again after everything calmed down, Jin was lying on Mingyu's shoulders asleep and the rest were whispering to each other. "Why didn't you stop them?" Joshua asked and Junhui sighed, "If I knew you all were returning soon, I would have stopped her. Recording it may not be a good option but it could have helped to make Wonwoo realize what kind of girl he got" he massaged his temples and looked at Jin.

Seungcheol grabbed out a few mattresses and it looked like they all were staying over for the night again. Mingyu carried Jin to the room and placed her slowly to not disturb her but she was a light sleeper. "Mingyu.." her voice was heard softly and he stared back at her with a soft smile.

"Can you stay with me for a while?" her voice was almost a whisper but Mingyu heard it loud and clear. Jin shifted inwards and faced the walls.

He got on the bed and searched for her hands under the covers before holding it tight. Jin opened her eyes slowly and closed them before Mingyu shifted closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer and made her face him.

Mingyu's heartbeat lulled her to sleep as she listened through his chest which caused Jin to smile in her sleep few seconds later.

Soft snores could be heard in the room and Mingyu opened his eyes slowly to the dark room, It was just three in the morning. He was about to turn around to get out but someone's hold kept him in place. A smile replaced his sleepy face as he turned to the owner of the hands.

He softly pulled her hands away to make his way out but as he was about to get out of bed, he heard a mumble.

"I-I think I'm in love with you... but I'm afraid to love you... I don't want you to be a rebound"

Mingyu's eyes looked at Jin sleeping soundly and his shoulders dropped, knowing that she was talking about Wonwoo. His heart ached and he sighed staring at her sleeping peacefully.

"I love you Kim Mingyu" He turned to Jin as he realized the voice came from the girl that was just beside him, his heart raced as he repeated the words he heard and he held her closer to him.

As long as we're happy, it's not a rebound.

"I love you too Kim Jinhee" he whispered and kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes to go back to sleep again, hoping to be heard by her in her sleep.