Chapter 22

Mingyu pulled Jin behind him as they approached Seungcheol's house which they stayed at after Mingyu left to fetch her. She gasped for air as she began to panic all of a sudden and Mingyu turned around and looked at her with worried eyes.

"What happened?" he quickly asked and she gave a shook her head as she bit her lips softly. He looked at her one last time and opened the door.

Seungkwan was walking from the kitchen turned around and saw the two walk him, his eyes widened and rushed towards Jin. "Where were you? We were afraid that someone might kidnapped you" he said and hugged her tight for a short while.

"Yeah, we also suspected Mingyu for taking his time" Soonyoung said and leaned on the wall with a small smile. "Come here" he gestured towards Jin and she smiled before giving him a tight hug to assure that she was alright after being away for a few hours alone.

Soonyoung pulled her to the living where the rest was and her eyes widened looking at Wonwoo who was sitting next to Hyejin laughing at Seokmin who told a joke just a while ago and Jin's lips automatically displayed a frown. Seungcheol got up from his seat and pull Jin with him to join the conversation, away from the couple since he didn't want anyone to argue.

Mingyu walked in with a glass of water and sat next to her, he placed the glass on the table and rubbed her back softly. "It's okay" he whispered into her ears and swiftly grabbed her hands into his. Wonwoo saw the action on the right and cleared his throat softly. Hyejin who was just few inches away, turned her head slightly and frowned.

"I'm sorry to ask this all of a sudden but are you two dating?" Hyejin asked in the middle of the conversation that the guys were having and they stared at her. She chuckled as the mood dampened by her question. "Don't have to hide it, you guys are holding hands in front of us. It must be something right?" she said and smiled sweetly while nudging Wonwoo.

Vernon furrowed his eyebrows at her question and rolled his eyes, "I don't think they are dating. We are like family, we hug and hold hands all the time" he answered her question and Jin smiled, thanking him before looked at Mingyu's hand that was holding hers on his thighs.

Her heart skipped a beat.

"Are you sure?" Mingyu asked as he let go of her hands.

"Yes, I'm fine with Hyejin" Jin assured and he nodded hesitantly before leaving with the guys to some place for a while. Junhui stayed back since he said he didn't feel like going but in reality he wanted to make sure nothing happens to Jin.

The living room was quiet once more and Junhui got up from his seat, "I'll be back from the washroom" he turned and Jin chuckled thinking that he could have walked away without telling them.

"So...." Hyejin said after a minute and Jin looked up at her with a fake smile.

"So what do you do at work?" Hyejin asked and Jin smiled as she replied, trying to keep the conversation flowing since she didn't want Wonwoo to know that she hates her girlfriend even though Wonwoo wasn't there but she knew that Hyejin would tell Wonwoo everything. Because that's what she used to do before.

"Are you sure you're not dating Mingyu?" she asked another question which made Jin laugh slightly while shaking her head.

"Is it because he's your ex's best friend?" Jin sat there frozen and looked at Hyejin staring back with innocent eyes. "I've never been in an relationship with any of the guys" Jin lied, her throat throbbed a bit but she held it in.

"Oh really? I thought you would dated everyone of them" she smiled sweetly as she asked the question. Jin just shook her head at her stupid assumption, wondering why Wonwoo likes this type of girls.

The sound of the door opening and closing was heard which made Jin relieved but Junhui wasn't in sight which made her panic.

Hyejin got up and walked out of the living room, Jin slumped onto the chair; feeling better. She pressed her hand over her chest and felt her heart race to her throat before she was yanked out from the couch.

Jin's head tilted from the pull of her hair and she stared at Hyejin looking back at her with dark eyes her lips curved into a smirk.

"You don't have to lie to me, you know" she sang and Jin was confused.

"Badum badum.. your heart was beating fast and butterflies danced in your stomach when you read that message right?" she said and Jin's eyes widened at her.

She couldn't open her mouth, Hyejin held onto her hair tighter and chuckled when she noticed Jin's watery eyes. "Aww Jinhee is crying" she lifted her arm to wipe the tear off that lingered.

"You probably thought I didn't know you are Oppa's first love. You're so dumb" she spat the last few words and pushed Jin away from her, hitting the wall. Jin stayed put on the spot, staring at the floor. Hyejin approached her with big steps and smiled at her.

"Wonwoo, you know I love you right? I'll be holding onto that one percent with hope that everything will be back to normal... Oh my god Kim Jinhee, why are you so clingy. Oppa already forgot about you as soon as he boarded the plane" she began to laugh hysterically.

"Omo omo omo... you were waiting for oppa, didn't you. Poor Jinhee" she patted her shoulder with a fake frown. "You actually believed it was him, asking you out for dinner. Babo-ah Why would he even like you back? Look at yourself in the mirror, you look like a disaster" she grabbed her cheeks with one hand and looked at her eyes once more before wiping the stained cheeks.

"Do you want me to state the reason why you don't have anyone with you?" Hyejin smiled and tilted her head to the side, trying to look innocent.

"Firstly or maybe the only reason. You're a slut for being with them. You're a scumbag, a beggar, an orphan trying to seduce them so that you can take their money. Why did oppa leave you? He didn't love you at all in the first place, he just pitied you. He just called you his first love because he felt sorry for you. I feel sorry for you, Kim Jinhee. I think I should drive you back to the orphanage. The place where you belong"

Her smirk left her no sooner than a heartbeat as the door opened widely with force.

"That's enough!"