Chapter 57

4 weeks later

Madison P.O.V

I wake up to a pounding headache. I mean worse that the other one it was just killing me.

I try to sit up but something held me down.

"Almost done Madison", a nurse says and I look around. Suddenly all the thoughts came back.

"How are you feeling?", she asks.

"Like death", I say and she smiles sympathetically.

"It'll get better the pain medication should start kicking in", she says and I nod.

I look around the room and realize a passed out Percy was on a chair holding my hand but sleeping on my arm rest.

He looked uncomfortable.

"Can I share my bed?", I asks.

"Yes but only on your left side", she says and I nod.

"A doctor should be in here to ask you questions", she says I say a quick ok before she walks out and I wake Percy up.

"Madison", he says relieved before standing up and kissing me over and over again.

"I was so worried they kept saying you weren't gonna make it", he says.

"It's ok now though", I say and be shakes his head.

"How red is my face?", he asks.

"Tomato", I say and he laughs a bit.

"How much does it hurt?", he asks.

"A lot", I say.

"Where is everyone?", I ask.

"Adoption center", he says and my heart drops.

"There questioning why he is allowed near you, they've been in and out of police office's and magazines", he says and I put my head in my hands.

"I don't want you to worry it'll hurt more", he says and I scoot over.

"Come here", I say and he chuckles before slipping his shoes off and laying beside me instantly cuddling me.

"Why are you such a hero?", he asks.

"He was gonna shoot himself what else was I suppose to do?", I ask a bit harshly.

"Ok ok sorry", he says and I feel guilty.

"Sorry", I say closing my eyes before there's a knock at the door.

"Come in", I say and the doctor walks in.

**

"Thank you Madison", he says and I nod.

"You shouldn't be going through this", Percy says.

"Neither should you I shouldn't be putting you through all this drama", I say.

"But that's my job to go through this with you I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but with you in a hospital bed", he says before frowning at how weird it sounded.

"Thank you", I say laughing.

"I'm gonna go find you some food", he says standing up.

"In and Out please", I say.

"Gotcha", he says and I look around for my purse.

"Where's my purse", I ask.

"Right here", he says lifting it up.

"My money is in the first pocket", I say and he sighs before grabbing it.

"I forgot my card", he says and I laugh at him.