Chapter 56

When I woke up I felt a massive headache like I was out partying when really I was at a movie.

I cringe as I sit up too fast and get a sharp pain in my head. I grab my phone from beside me and lay down with it.

2 Missed calls and 4 new messages

I swear I never answer people's phone calls. I check to see who called me and one is from Luke and one is from a random number.

I check the messages and 2 were from a random number and one was from Ryan and the other was from Percy.

I quickly text back the two boys and call Luke.

"Hey Mads", he says into the phone.

"Hey lukey wassup?", I ask.

"I was just calling to ask when you were going prom shopping so I can give you my card", he says and I sigh and throw my head back.

"Oh I totally forgot I'll make it happen today", I say before wincing again at my head.

"Everything alright Mads", he asks and I let out a huff.

"No I have a headache and it sucks", I say.

"Take some medicine and get some rest", he says.

"No I have alot to do today", I say and I can basically see him frowning from the other line as I chewed at my lip.

"I don't see that happening with a headache", he says.

"It's gonna have to I can't afford to miss another day", I say.

"Well just get some medicine into your system and take it is, yeah?, he says.

"Yeah I should call Faith, Elizabeth, and Nina", I say.

"Mhmm", he says.

"Bye love you", I say.

"Bye love you too", he says and I sigh before dialing Faith's number.

"Hey Faith", I say.

"Maddy wassup", she asks.

"Proms up and I literally have not found a dress", I say.

"What the freak Mads it's like next week", she says.

"I know Faith that's why I need your help and not your judgment", I say.

"Right sorry, when do you plan on going?", she asks.

"Today", I say.

"1:00 don't be late", she says and I scoff playfully.

"I'm sorry who planned the day me or you?", I ask and I can hear her laugh.

"Me technically", she says proudly.

"How?", I ask.

"Without me there's no you"she says before I shake my head and hang up. I call Nina and Elizabeth and they can all come.

I lastly call Percy.

"Hello", he says happily.

"Hey Percy", I say.

"Wassup", he asks.

"I was thinking of changing the color", I say and I can hear him sigh.

"Mads your killing me here", he says and I groan.

"I know but white is so boring I was thinking of like a good red color", I say.

"Ok what color?", he asks.