9. I Bet You Won't Fly Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Please buckle in as we will be taking off shortly," the pilot said over the intercom.

Louis froze. His eyes widened comically, and he started shaking frantically around Harry, squirming around and choking on tears. Harry took to action immediately.

"Louis," Harry droned out, softly and deeply. "Lou, look at me. Look- there we go. Shhh. Shhh. Stay still, that's it. Just like that. Perfect, Boo. See, that feels better, doesn't it? Yeah, now just relax, I'm here, everything is okay. Shh. I promise, as soon as we can unbuckle again, you can sit on my lap and I will hold you, okay? Okay. It's okay. You're okay, I promise. 'M not letting anything happen to you," Harry cooed, petting Louis' hair and stroking his cheek with his other hand.

Louis nodded and sunk into Harry's touch. The plane began to move, slowly at first, and then gaining speed as it was nearing the final turn. Louis looked at Harry with wide eyes, eyes full of innocence and vulnerability. All Harry could do was hold him and hope that the love in his own eyes would transfer to the shaking boy in his lap.

The final turn was made.

Their ears began to pop.

The plane was lifting up into the air and Louis was sobbing. He choked on his own tears and wiped the few that landed on his neck off with his wrist.

As the plane slowly gained altitude, Louis began apologizing to Harry, his tears not ceasing.

"I'm s-so sorry Ha-Haz. 'M s-such a loser I c-can't even get on a p-plane w-without crying. I'm s-sorry you have 't d-deal with me. 'M s-sorry you have to d-deal with these s-stupid panic a-attacks. 'M s-so sorry..." Louis sobbed out, covering his swollen face with his hands.

Harry swore he could feel a bit of his heart chip off and fall out of his arse. Why would Louis be sorry? Does he think he's a burden? Does he not know how much Harry loves making him feel better?

"Louis, my Louis, oh my god. You aren't a- hey. Hey, look at me. C'mon- there we go," Harry said, removing Louis' hands from his face and cupping them into his own. "Louis. Lou- look at me. Please," Louis refused to meet Harry's eyes until Harry said that. He shamefully peered up at the younger boy. "Louis. You aren't a loser. At all. Anything but, really. We're all afraid of our own little things, that doesn't make you a loser. And I don't have to deal with you, there is no deal at all. I love taking care of you, I love making you feel better, I always have and I always will. It is what it is, Lou. I'm sorry that you have to deal with your panic attacks. I get them, too, if that makes you feel any better. Mainly about you..." Harry spoke, whispering the last part.

Louis sniffled. "T-thank you, H-Hazza. C-can you," Louis said, stopping.

"What? Don't be afraid."

"C-can you... h-hold me?" Louis asked, shyer than he ever had been before.

"Oh, Lou. Of course," Harry said, readjusting their position so that Louis was sitting on Harry's lap, back to Harry's chest, head on the side of Harry's. They had reached the highest altitude and were now allowed to roam around the cabin.

Harry snaked his arms around Louis so that they rested on Louis' stomach, Harry's right hand holding his left wrist so Louis knew he was secure. Louis moved Harry's hands and placed his own on his stomach, then motioned for Harry to put his arms back where they were. This time, however, Harry's hands were placed on top of Louis', palms on the back of his hands.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked, whispering into Louis' ear.

"I'm d-doing okay. C-can we watch a f-film?" Louis asked.

Harry chuckled. "Of course."

Harry reached for the bag and pulled out his bag of gummy bears, the two sodas, the bag of popcorn, and a bag of fruit candies. He handed Louis the candies and a soda, but kept one for himself, as well as the gummy bears, of course.