Interview: miacatswriter

1. What is your name? (optional)

Mia is my name but I mainly go by Pebble on the internet.

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

I have 3 modes, 1 is nice, shy, caring, EXTREMELY selfless (not good) and logical (which comes often ) The second one is extremely stressed, nervous, crying and breakdowns (happens more often) Then finally you have my SUNSHINE LOLLIPOPS AND RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS mode which is 99% of the time.

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there?

Sadly no, the best I have done is go to another state. But one of my dreams is to go and travel Europe when I am older.

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything!

This has a story behind it so give me a sec: For school we had around 10 weeks to plan, draft, second draft, third draft, edit and publish a short narrative. During my teacher conference thingy, my teacher asked if she could take home my story and show it to her sister who is an author. After the weekend my teacher handed me a letter from her sister, that letter know sits in a frame on my desk so whenever I feel down I can be motivated by that letter. So yeah, the letter, artwork and Tumblr posts inspire me

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I think I was 7, after I grasped the concept of reading I was intrigued by how you could actually make the words on the page!

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

Honestly I need to change my user name, I very much dislike it. When I got Wattpad I didn't think I would use the account much so I did the obvious, my name, favourite animal and what I do, resulting in "miacatswriter"

7. What is the first story you wrote that you can remember? Is it on Wattpad?

I do remember my very first story! It was a picture story book I created when I was 7 called "Lucy and Tom go on a Swing." It was about a brother and sister who wanted to both be on the swing at the same time. Very creative 7 year old me

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?

Nowadays I prefer computer and/or phone as my handwriting is super messy, I even struggle to read it. I also find it easier to just type short stories on my phone than to have to grab all the stuff for handwriting. Although I would like to start writing on paper again.

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

At the time it was sorta trending on Instagram and I thought it looked really cool. I was posting my stories on Instagram until one day my friend said they had it so I thought, why not? After that I started my story "The Ice Strike" and lots of people enjoyed the story! I fell in love with Wattpad so I stayed.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others?

This question is so tough, I have many favourite books of all categories! For the warriors fanfold my favourite is between The Demon Kit series (by awesomesauceoreos) Saviour and the Saved (by animallover37) or the CDS series (by_batmankitty_) I 100% recommend you read these books!

11. Who is your favorite author on Wattpad and why?

*hides in corner* These questions are tough! I have so many I don't think I can choose sorry XD

12. How did you find out about Warriors, and what made you stick to the series?

In a reading group sort of thing when I was 9 one of the older girls read allowed a chapter from The Sight. I was intrigued and I got the first book for my birthday the next year, ever since I have been a fan. I already loved cats and owned 2, so reading the first chapter of Into the Wild made me want to read on!

13. What is your favorite scene from any of the books, and why is it your favorite?

Tough, very tough. I haven't read them for ages but probably when the 3 found out Leafpool was their mother. Everything was alright then BOOM! Action once again.

14. What inspired you to write Warriors fanfiction(s)?

Dunno really, I didn't know what "fanfiction" was when I started writing it. My friends and I used to play it at school and I would go home and elaborate on what we did that day.

15. How many people do you know in person who also have read Warriors?

Only one has read the full series, after that the other 4 have read only the first 3 books.

16. Who is your favorite Warriors character from a FanFiction here on Wattpad?

Tiny, not so innocent Graykit from The Demon Kit, I just love his character so much! Yes he may have murdered... A lot... But I just wanna wrap him in a little blanket and take him to my house!

17. What tips would you like to give to any aspiring authors?

Not that I am any expert of some sort but something that has helped me is this quote someone told me: "When you have so many writing ideas wait a little while, as you will see all the bad ideas go away and the good ones rise and stay there." I have found this very helpful because I have loads of ideas, but some I will think about for 1 night (Like my failed Superhero book) whereas the good ones stay for months (Like The Ice Strike.)

18. What would you say is the most important when writing a story?

I am stating not only for the readers but for myself as well. Don't start writing if you don't. Have. A. Plot! If you don't know the full storyline and everything about the characters the story will be a flop.

19. Tell us about any of your Warriors fanfiction(s), what it is about, and why we should read it.

My personal favourite story is "Dottedrain's Life." It is about Dottedkit who has been told that her mother is Pebblestar, but really she came from Starclan. Slowly more and more lies come until her entire life is built of lies. The storyline is based off the role plays in my clan on Instagram. Dottedrain belongs to one of my friends and all of the other characters were created by other people (except Pebblestar and Nightkit) Majority of the stuff that happens is real, but for the sake of fanfiction I needed to add a little more here and there. I just love the backstory of this character, it is not like anything else I have seen. If you feel like reading it you should check it out!

20. Is there anything you'd like to say to your friends, fans and readers? Any shout-outs to specific Wattpad members?

Thank you to all of the 50 people who follow me, you are all amazing and talented writers! I honestly didn't expect anyone to follow as I just wanted somewhere to put my work. I'd like to shout out @animallover37 and @Silverheart-Chan, who have both been incredible friends for over a year now and deserve more reads! Go check out there books! I'd also like to thank you guys here on Watty Warriors for being a big inspiration and for having me here on your magazine. Thanks everyone! - Pebble Out <3