Chapter Seven

If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn

Chapter Seven

"Okay, well there was this one time when my dad tried to teach me how to ride a bike, so when he pushed me I was riding by myself, and like any normal kid I was excited, well I got a little to excited and wet myself and fell off the bike," I said to Austin laughing at the memory of the times I spent with my father.

We were walking down the street to the restaurant he was taking me to. It was a bit chilly and nobody was on the street, only a few cars had gone by.

"That really happened?" He asked in shock and started to laugh at me.

"Yeah, it really did happen," I told him honestly.

"That's terribly funny," he said. "Here we are."

We had stopped at a little restaurant. There were fancy cars parked all around. The building itself didn't look fancy, but when you walked in you felt as if you were rich. Velvet cushioned seats, gold walls, black carpeting, a fountain in the middle of the room. It was utterly amazing.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The lady at the podium asked when we came up to her.

"Carlile, table for two," Austin told her.

"Right this way," she said grabbing two menus and walking away. We followed her.

Everyone was dressed so fancy. Girls wearing tight dresses that showed off their curves for the old men they were sitting with, women in professional dresses and suits, men in suits, everyone was so dressed up, even the waiters and waitresses. The girl were wearing skirts that went to their knees, white button up blouses, red bow or long ties, a blue blazer, and black flats. The guys were in long black pants, white button up shirts, black shoes, red ties, and black blazers. All in all everyone was dressed fancy.

The building was even fancy. The walls were gold with black spirals across it. The carpet was black and spotless. The tables were round and had a red or blue table cloth. The chairs were plush velvet. The centerpieces on the table was just a simple red rose. There were pictures of famous landmarks on the walls. The chandeliers were gold and glass.

"Wow," I breathed, "this place is fantastic."

"You like it?" The waitress asked stoping at our table.

"Yes, thank you," I said.

I pulled my chair out and sat down, Austin did the same.

He was wearing his blue skinny jeans, a white v-neck, and a black over coat which he took off and put on the back of his chair. His hair was spiked up into the quiff it was always in. You could see his tattoos through his shirt each one meaning something different.

"Your waitress will be with you in a moment," the other waitress said. Her brown hair was in curls pinned back.

"Alright." She walked away leaving me and Austin alone.

"So, how've you been, Austin?" I asked looking at him dead in the eyes.

"I've been fine, music has gotten me through mom's death and its been a few years since I had surgery, and so far everything is fine," he said smiling.

"That's great," I said. I didn't feel much about my birth moms death. I never knew her so I can't say I miss her, but I do feel sadness, sadness that Austin lost his mother.

"Yeah, what about you, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Fine, I'm fine. I started dating just a few weeks ago. My mom is pregnant and I just got to meet my brother, who can scream really well. Plus I get to go traveling and babysit an adorable little girl," I said.