Chapter One

If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn

Chapter One

"Mom, Dad, can I go to Derek Richards beach party tonight?" I asked once I came down stairs for dinner. The smell of tacos hit my nose and I smiled. My mom's tacos were to die for!

"Who is this Derek Richards?" My father asked like a concerned dad. Derek Richards, really dad, why are you worrying about him? Grant it, he was incredibly good looking with a nice boy, but everyone knows he was the player that got any girl he wanted and took away the innocent girls v-cards, and I was not planning to give mine away to him.

"He's sort of a friend. Trust me, Dad, I'm not into "bad boys." like him, " I told him honestly. Plus, rumor has it, he's trying to bed Katie Johnson, the new girl.

"What time does the party start?" My mom asked this time, placing the food on the table. We all sat down and began putting food onto our plates.

"It's at nine and it's just two blocks away. Please can I go?!" I practically begged. I didn't know why I wanted to go so much, but something about the party that was being held on the beach called out to me, as if something amazing was going to happen.

"Alright, Noah, you can go, but back by midnight," my mom told me. That was her one condition. My parents usually trust me to get back when they give me a time, and I had always been back by then.

"Thank you!" I cried with a big smile plastered on my face.

Two hours later I was standing in my purple painted room looking through my closet trying to decideon what to wear.

After I found the perfect outfit, I went to shower. Then, I sat in front of my red full length mirror that was hanging from my closet door and pulled out my makeup bag.

Once my hair was tied out of my face, I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and a little lipgloss. I never enjoyed putting on too much makeup, because I never wanted to look like I caked my face for attention. I took my hair out of the bun on my head and began to brush and dry my long brunette hair.

I had already laid my outfit on my bed and went to grab it to put it on. It was a dark blue floral print dress with a pair of nude flats.

I put a few hair ties on my wrists and added my Mayday Parade bracelet along with a few others. I added my lucky necklace, whichwas a simple Mayday Parade guitar pick that I caught at my first concert by then, and looked at myself in the mirror.

"There," I whispered to myself feeling quite pleased with the way I looked. I was confident with my looks, but not overly confident.

I walked down the wooden steps which lead into the living room where my parents were watching television.

I announced that I was heading out and grabbed the house keys which were sitting on the marble counter top.

"Have fun, hon!' My mom called after me as I walked out of the house.

*****

"C'mon it's just one simple little drink," Derek told me holding a beer out to me. I scruntched my nose in disgust from the smell of the alcoholic beverage being held out to me.

"No, it's okay, I don't drink." I put my arms up to separate me from him and his drunken state. I could smell the beer on his breath and it sickened me. "I need to go anyway."

I started to push through the drunk teenagers that were crowded together watching some girl lick Jell-O off some boy that was shirtless and him do the same to her. I finally managed to get through the crowd and took a much needed fresh breath of air. The smell of sweat and alcohol was becoming unbearable.