Chapter Two

If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn

Chapter Two

I woke up to my phone blasting 'Anywhere But Here', by Mayday Parade, from my bedside table. I slowly creaked open my eyes and reached for my phone. I had gotten one new message from a number I didn't recognize:

Hey, beautiful... I mean Noah. How about we go out to a nice lunch at 1:00? Btw, if you couldn't tell it's Justin, just so you know who you are talking to so you don't freak out and think some weirdo strange man is texting you.

I remember putting my number in his phone last night and smiled. He actually texted me of all people he texted me.

I messaged him back and set my phone on the table. I finally sat up and checked the time. It was already eleven. I had two hours to get ready.

I slowly climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom to shower. I scrubbed the smell of alcohol off of my skin and hair. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a purple towel around my body and another one around my hair. As you can tell, I have a lot of purple items in my room and bathroom.

I left the bathroom and walked over to my closet. I rummaged through my things until I settled on what I was gonna wear, dark blue skinny jeans and black tank top and my Mayday Parade cut off tank. And if you couldn't tell, Mayday Parade is my favorite band, they've helped me threw so much, and I wish I could tell them that someday.

I dried my hair as fast as I could seeing that I only had a few minutes left to get ready. I added mascara and eyeliner to my face, making myself more presentable.

On my way out the door I grabbed my phone and slipped on my black Vans.

I popped into my parents room, "Mom, I'm going lunch with a friend. I'll be back later."

"Who are you going with, sweetheart?" She pressed, wanting to make sure that it wasn't with anyone she didn't approve of.

"Justin. The guy that walked me home last night," I told her turning around to leave the room.

"I want to meet this Justin kid if you're gonna keep hanging around him," my father spoke up from inside the bathroom. My father was probably getting ready for his afternoon class, you see, my father was a college teacher, and even though summer just started, he still had work to do and he had summer classes he had to teach.

"Maybe when we get back. I need to leave he's here. Bye," I said and left the room and went outside where Justin was waiting for me.

"Hey," he said once I got into the passengers seat of his car. Justin was wearing a Jaws t-shirt, tan shorts, white Converse, and a black Anthem Made SnapBack that was twisted around.

"Hey yourself. Umm, my parents want to meet you," I told him a little nervous.

"When?" he asked while backing out of the driveway.

"After we have lunch."

"Sorry, but I can't. I need to be somewhere after lunch. Sorry," he replied.

"Oh," I began, "that's okay. They can wait."

"Okay then," he smirked at me.

We were driving for about ten minutes until he announced that we had arrived. It was a small little diner called Highway 55.

Justin was the first to get out and he came around to my door and opened it for me. "Thank you, kind sir," I said in a posh accent.

We walking into the diner and there were pictures all over the room along with paintings on the wall. There was a picture of a drive in movie and an old time bar and even a diner with waitresses on roller skates.