Chapter Three

If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn

Chapter Three

"I told you that they wouldn't want me to see you anymore," I informed Justin over the phone. I was upset with my parents and wished that they'd just get over the fact that he has tattoos and plugs. I mean, they were perfectly fine with me hanging out with him before they knew what he looked like, why can't they just get over the fact that he has those two things.

"Yeah, but are you gonna let them stop you, Noah?" He asked. I could pick up the worried tone in his voice and knew that he was hoping I wouldn't let it stop me.

"No, I won't. You're not what they say you are, but I did get grounded pretty bad, no laptop or leaving the house for the rest of the weekend.

"Wow, little Miss never get in trouble, actually got in trouble. I gotta go, I'll talk to you later. Bye Noah." he said.

"Bye, Justin." The line went dead and I put my phone in my back pocket and walked out of my room. So my parents didn't exactly know how to punish me, considering I hardly do anything wrong.

I walked into the living room and plopped down onto the couch. I turned on the television and began to flip through the channels. I settled on the Syfy channel that was playing Jaws. I instantly thought of Justin and his Jaws tattoo that was on his right hand.

Thirty minutes into the movie and I hadn't stopped thinking about Justin, so I decided I would text him.

'Watching Jaws, can't stop thinking about you :)' I sent the text and placed my phone in my lap.

I turned my attention back to the movie watching as the ultra fake shark attacked fake barbie girls. I began laughing remembering the blonde barbie doll waitress that I snapped at on my date with Justin yesterday.

My mom walked in from the front door in. She looked exhausted.

"Hey, mom, how was work?" I asked. My mom works as a crime scene investigator. She would come home late and sometimes stayed over at work when the case she was working on got too hard.

"It was fine. No crimes today. Just a lot of office work. Is your father home yet?" she asked changing the subject from her work to dad, like she always did every time I asked her how work was. I never questioned why she would do it, but I got the idea after the first few times asking her about her day.

"Yeah, he's grading papers in the office," I told her and turned my attention back to the TV as she walked out of the room. I knew what she was going to do, she does it every time he comes home, or when she comes home.. I'll let you in on a little secret, she went back to his office to kiss him. They wouldn't do anything else, knowing I was in the house and didn't need to know what they were doing.

I felt my phone buzz in my lap and I instantly smiled, knowing it was Justin.

'Haha same here. I wish I could see you. You wanna come over and hang out?'

'I would love to, but I'm grounded, remember?'

'Say you're going to a friends or something, they would let you go if they knew you weren't coming to see me.' Does this boy get the point of being grounded? I couldn't leave the house, and the only person that I would even go see would be Sam, but he's in Boston with his grandma.

'I'll think about sneeking out, but I make no promises,' I replied and let my head rest on the back of the couch.

I set my phone back down and walked to the office where my parents were. I wished I hadn't walked in on them, but being stupid, I did and saw something I wished I hadn't seen.. They were making out right on top of the oak desk in the middle of the room.