Chapter 29

"Can I get the poem?" Raven asked as he carefully sat down on a chair. "Sure." I said as I gave him the piece of paper I had been clutching in between my hands. He carefully went over it a few times before turning back to us. "This is indeed a death poem, supernaturals make them to wish someone death upon them. It is also used to predict something that is going to happen, that however is very rare. Now what did you say you got it from?" "A hippogriff, it was waiting outside my house." "That is indeed rather odd." He said turning back to Darius. "Why exactly is that odd?" Devan asked. "Well Hippogriff's are a special type of supernaturals that will only help a person they trust and that is actually a good influence in this world, this however isn't a good thing! So for one it is odd that this particalure hippogriff obeyd his master. The second odd thing is that Hippogriff's aren't mesagers, many people use a bird, owl or even a mundane that works for them." "Is there any like bad devil known for doing these types of things." "No, if there was I think Darius could of have helped you." "What can you do that Darius can't?" "Ben!" Tyler said as Ben sounded rather rude. "I can make people take care of you! Something I won't do with that attitude!" Raven said keeping his cool. "Take care of us in what way?" Devan asked raising his eyebrow. "I can have Warlocks protect you, maybe even get some other werewolfs here to enlargen your pack, perhaps an alpha." Everybody quickly turned their heads to me looking wide eyed. I knew exactly what they were thinking! I did! Especially because I was thinking the Same thing. "We appreciate that Raven, but that really isn't Needed. We'll be fine." "I don't think you understand the seriousness of this situation Alex." "I do, I really do, but we truely don't need that." "Alex this is stronger then the alpha you just beat, we think you need help." "We?" I asked shocked looking over at Darius. "Darius are you serious?!" I said baffled. "Raven is right Alex." "No he's not!" "Alex don't be so egoïstic." Darius said. "I thought you understood! We don't have an alpha, we don't accept strangers! It's our rule!" I spat. "Alex I please you to calm down." Raven said laying his hand on my leg. "I appreciate your help, but we don't want it!" I spat standing up and walking off. "Tyler?" Darius asked. "She's right Darius, you completely disobeyd her rules by saying things like that!" He said also getting up. "Devan?" "We'll figure it out on our own!" He spat. "Ben?" "Don't worry about me! I'm just a stupid MUNDANE!"

"Sorry guys." I said as we were sitting under the big Oak tree in the Woods. "It's not your fault, none of us saw that coming." "I wouldn't have gone to Darius if I knew he took this all so lightly." I said looking at Tyler. "We know Alex, we understand." "Thanks." It wasn't like I didn't want an alpha, it was just that after seeing how my.....she did so much damage to the world I had grown a fear of them. I didn't want to ever witness that again. "Ssht I hear something." Devan suddenly said putting his hand over my mouth. His hand was nice and warm on my cold lips. I slowly place my hand around his wrist taking his hand of of me. "What?" I whispered. "She's here." He whispered back. "The girl." "What girl!" Ben asked loudly. "Ssssst!" We all said. "The girl that told me about my mum." "How do you know she's here?" Tyler asked talking as quietly as he could. "I recognise her scent." "Well tell her to either go away or come to us." Ben said again quite loudly. "One she can probably hear you, two she's Hiding from us." "Maybe she just Thinks we're weird." Tyler chuckled. "Probably." I said agreeing. "I don't  know, I don't trust her."

That evening I was laying in Devan's bed as he was playing with ball on his chair. "You can stay here if you want." He said completely focussing on the ball. "Thanks, but I think i'll be fine." "Well if you in the middle of the night change your mind just give me a call and i'll open my window for you." "Thanks." I chuckled staring at the ceiling.

"Do you miss her?"

I asked after it was silent for a while. "Off course, you?" "Am I allowed to?" I asked turning my head to him. Devan turned his head to me aswell and sighed as he stood up came laying next to me so we were both on our side staring each other in the eye. "Off course you are." He said, his soft fingers traced my skin as they were putting a strand of hair back behind my ear. "But I don't know if I want to miss her." "Why not?" "She was a monster." "No Alex, she was the work of a monster, but deep inside she was a human with feelings and emotions, remember what you told Ben? About how you have that switch that when you turn it of it will make you loose any human emotions." "How does one hide those feelings though?" "I guess it's easier then dealing with them." "Well it sucks when people do that!" Devan softly chuckled his eyes not taken off of mine. "It does." "You know what I Find the hardest?" "Tell me." "Figuring out if should miss her as a human or as a monster." "I'd say what gives you the least pain." "That will have to be the monster." "Then remember her as a monster but don't ever forget there's something good in everyone."