Chapter 3

I felt weird walking to school the next morning. It was just.....something was off. Very off. And even though I tried to ignore it it kept bothering me. Even after I had turned around for about 6 times and saw nothing the feeling stayed. I decided to take a healthy run to school. You know, to keep me in shape! Or safe myself from potentialy dying.

When I reached the school I immiately went over to the lockers to put my, Summer, coat in. Without any trouble this time. After closing it I turned around to go to my first class but I stopped as my eyes fell on the two guys. What were their names again? God.....uhm.....oh yea Devan and Ben. They were standing at the lockers across of mine. They looked like nice guys. I mean they didn't look like those douche bags that get every girl and walk around thinking they now everything. I snapped out of my thoughts when Ben started waving to me. I smiled waving back before quickly walking away so they couldn't see how embarrased I was that they caught me staring.

As I was about to sit down in my usual Seat next to the window another girl took that Seat leaving me standing in front of her with my mouth falling open from suprise. It wasn't like everybody had gotten their own Seat from the teacher it was just kinda a rule that you always take the Same Seat. After realising she wouldn't stand up and leave I started to look around to see if any other seats were available. "Alex!" A happy voice from behind me sounded. I turned around to see Ben sitting next to Devan in the back of the class. "You can sit here!" He said pointing to the Seat in front of him. Only he said it so loud everybody started looking at me. With a red head i started walking to the back where i uncomfortably sat down on the chair and grabbed my books.

I tried not to do it but I kept listening to Devan and Ben's conversation. It was actually suprising that the teacher hadn't heard them yet 'cause I could hear them without using my, you know, wolf hearing. They were talking about how they had this important football game coming up and how they both would play, and something about Ben's dad but i couldn't exactly hear what. Eventually they did begin to whisper making me have to pay more attention so I could keep up with their conversation. "She has no friends does she?" Was the first thing i heard Ben say. "I think so, i've never seen her talk to anybody." "That's sad, she seems nice." "Maybe there's something wrong with her." "What could possibly be wrong with her?" "I don't know." "Maybe she's this clingy freak?" "Yea or she murdered someone!" "That might be a bit to...out there." "Look at her Ben, she's rather gorgeous and nice, and yet she has nobody. Doesn't that strike you as weird!" I turned my head away and stopped listening to them as i just didn't want to hear Ben's response.

I didn't know what to do during lunch break, I mean I usually went to Tyler but I couldn't do that now, he probably wouldn't even be there. I mean why would he. Instead I just sat down against the outside wall of the school letting the sun warm up my body. It was quite warm out today, which was a suprise consedering winter was coming. But I didn't complain. I enjoyed the sun, it made me feel peacefull and warm inside, something that rarely ever happened.

-------

After school was over I had to walk back home, but instead of going home I went straight to the sherrif's departement where my dad worked, I mean there wasn't anything else I could do so why not try and help him.

I opened the big door immidiately greeted by Brenda who was sitting behind the desk. "Afternoon Alex." She said with her lovely smile. "Good afternoon." I said smiling back. I passed her desk walking to the back where there was a door, behind that door was the big sherrif's departement, everybody worked in the Same room except for my dad who had his own office because he was the head sherrif. "Good afternoon guys." I said nodding to the men who were all working as I made my way to my dad's office. I got a few nods back before walking into my dad's office. "Hey dad." "Hey baby, what are you doing here?" He asked not looking up from his computer. "Just thought you could use some help." "Don't you and Tyler go out to find that....alpha thing today?" No, besides he's been keeping very quiet these past months." "Not exactly." "What do you mean?" "Here look at this." He said handing me a folder. I sat down in his big chair in the corner of his office as I opened the folder and started looking through the report. It mention a couple found dead on a dirt road in between the two Woods of our town, the car looked attacked by an animal as it had scratches over the Doors. There were even pictures of the beheaded girl and the boys body that was completely Torn apart. "That's....truly the work of a monster." "Is it what I think it is?" "Probably, i'm not sure but I wouldn't be suprised if it was." "God damn it, Alex this really needs to be solved!" "I know, it's getting really bad." "I've been getting so many scared Mothers and rich dad's i'm going crazy!" Yea....I uhm i'm sorry dad." "You have no reason to be sorry Alex, this ain't your fault?" "Well this has been going for almost a year now and nothing has been found yet." "That's not your fault you do the best you can and i'm really proud of you!" "You shouldn't be." I mumbled quietly. "Did you do something i need to know about?" "No i didn't do anything except for not go and look for the alpha these past 2 days and abondening my very sick and only friend because I was so sellfish,and thought I could do it on my own!" I said getting up and storming out of his office ignoring all the looks i got from the other officers.

I guess the only reason I Walked away from Tyler was because I was scared of him dumping me so I thought that when I would dump him it wouldn't hurt as much but I was wrong.