Chapter 24

"Devan's not coming today." Ben said as I sat down next to him. "I didn't expect him to." I mumbled. "I talked to him." He said as he was tapping his desk with his pencel. "About what?" "Everything...,anything." His lips were pursed together and his voice sounded annoyed, sad, angry, confused, all at the Same time. "What is..everything, anything?" "Mostly just life, how's he ever going to move past this." "I bet it helped him to talk to someone." "Wanna know what he said?" Ben said slamming his pencel down on his desk. "I-i....guess." I mumbled taken back by his sudden outburst. "He said.....he hoped you and Tyler wouldn't be mad at him for not contacting you!" He half yelled pointing his finger at me. "The kid was worried about you two even though his mother just died!" He added. "You!......it's all your fault! All of this!" His hand went accross his desk accidently throwing of his book. "I know." I said swallowing back tears. "No you don't! You never will! You've never been normal! You don't know what it's like!" "I don't." I looked over at Ben letting a tear escape my eye. "Oh don't you dare to start crying! You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to be mad or sad about Alex!" He yelled anger filling his eyes. I quickly grabbed my book and bag making my way to the front of the class. "Alex, Alex you can't just leave." My teacher said but I had already slammed the door closed behind me.

------

My eyes opened as the big door of Tyler's house suddenly opened. He sat up straight making me do the Same as my head was laying on his shoulder, there was still a dark mark on his grey shirt from my tears. "You're leaving, now!" Tyler yelled as he got up to face Ben. "Alex i'm sorry I." Ben started completely ignoring Tyler. "How dare you even talk to her!" "I tried your house but you weren't there, so I went here so I could apologize." He said not giving a damn about Tyler. "Apologize? Apologize!" Tyler spat. "Yes!" Ben said finally turning to Tyler. "Sorry! won't help her! Want to know why! Huh! She has plenty to be sad and angry about DICKHEAD!" "I was mad okay!" "I don't care! You don't say stuff like that! Not even when you're dying!" "I know that now!" "Oh do you!" Tyler said pushing his finger against Ben's cheats. "Yes I do!" "Listen to me! Closely!" Ben nodded pressing his lips together. "The only reason i'm not throwing you around this room is because she told me not to! Even when you manage to make her cry she gives enough of a damn about you to make sure i'm not going to kill you!" "I was wrong okay, I know that." "I want you to do the exact Same thing for Alex when she for some reason EVER hurts you because if you don't I will find you and rip you to pieces!" Ben nodded looking over to me as I stood up. "You know I love you." I mumbled as I Pulled him into a hug. "I know, and i'm really truely sorry."

----

Late that night I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and turn my lights on. As I looked in the mirror I saw my eyes were still puffy but the redness had gone. Through my mirror I could also see my window which showed the full Moon. For some reason it made me think about Devan and without thinking about it a second time I slipped on my uggs and opened it so I could climb out.

"Devan." I whispered as I climbed through his window. "Can't sleep?" He asked as he turned over to me and sat up straight. "No, you?" "Nope, not exactly." "Can I?" I asked pointing to the edge of his bed. "Off course, come sit." He said sliding to the other side to make room. "Ben told me what had happened today." He said as he played with his fingers. "I uh.....I didn't think he would come to say sorry." "Why not?" "He seemed to honestly mean what he said." "Maybe he did, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care about you does it?" "No it doesn't, but it does make me blame myself for a lot of things." "I used to blame you too." Devan mumbled but before I could say anything he opened his mouth again. "That was untill I realised neither you or Tyler had bit me, you didn't bring me and Ben to the woods. All you did was protect us, save my life!" "That's kinda all i've been doing ever since I met Tyler, I just failed this time." "Yea but., you can't save EVERYONE Alex, that's impossible." "I know but that doesn't make it okay." "Alex you have seen more dead body's then any teenager ever should, it's okay to let it catch up with you, besides you didn't even know my mother was in danger." "Devan you don't get it." "What do I not get?" "A werewolf needs to be close to you to be able to hear you, the alpha clearly heard what you said meaning it was somewhere on your street! If I would of have just looked! I could of have seen him!" "And then what Alex? Attack him! Get yourself killed!" "Better me then your mother!" "It wouldn't have changed a thing! He could of have gone after my mother after he killed you! Then you'd both be dead! Do you have any idea how much that would kill me." "I-i-i-i." I stuttered. "I'm just so sorry......I shou." Come here." He said cutting me of. I carefully bend down letting my head rest on his shoulder. His warm Breath went right past me tickling my nose on it's way down, his heart had a steady rythim managing to calm me down and his finger softly stroke up and down my arm.