Chapter 64 ~ I Can't

Don't kill me!! I'm updating a lot more now so don't kill me please! I promise you'll love where all of this is going! If not then still don't kill me! But still thanks for reading and keeping up for those of you who have been. Be sure to vote!!! Comment what you think!!! And share!!!!

Chrissy POV:

It was dark but there was wind it was as if I was actually outside but there was no light, no moon, no stars, no nothing. I could feel the wind coming strong and I could hear the sound of trees moving yet I still couldn't see a thing. Okay this is getting really creepy like out of one of those horror movies.

"Christian" a voice whispered followed by more whispers coming from the darkness. I looked all-around me hearing them from every direction. What the fuck is happening? Then there was a bright light shining in front of me. No! I'm too young!!!! I closed my eyes. How could I let this happen? I don't, I can't die! Holy shit why! What did I do? I'm not going into the light! I stood my ground not walking close to the shining light in front of me. I can handle this! I'm strong I can do this! I could feel my legs give out. No! I'm going to be forced into the light! I could feel the tears come rolling down my face before my legs collapsed and I was on the ground. I could feel myself be lifted up into the air there was no one here and I could only believe that it was god himself lifting me info his arms where I didn't want to be just yet. I wanted to live, be young and free. I wanted to be able to love him more and more. Like I've always loved him, since we were kids.

"Miss Christian Giselle Hernandez Cortez." I looked up quick I haven't heard that name since I talked with my mom..

"Yes?" I asked. I could hear the fear in my voice so I'm pretty sure whoever said that could as well. A woman showed up coming from the shining light. I've seen her before.. She's beautiful with light dark hazel eyes and pitch black hair. She had a warm smile on her face but at the same time she had a look of seriousness on her features.

"My name is Valentina Cortez, I'm your great great grandmother." I breathed deeply.

"Am I dead?" I asked

"Why child? Would it be so bad to be gone so young?" Was that a yes? I think that was a yes. I could feel my bottom lip tremble slightly. I can't be gone.

"You're not dead." Said a young woman floating. She looked just like Valentina just younger. "I'm your aunt, Daniella."

"What's it like?" Another voice said coming from the light as well I could see a young girl walking out, maybe about a year younger than me. She looked like both of them but with lighter eyes like my grandmother Gabriella. Almost exactly like her.

"What's what like?" I asked

"Having your magic? I never got mine."

"It's challenging.. " I trailed off wondering what could have happened to make these family members disappear.

"This is young Martina. Never full got her magic." Valentina smiled playing with the girls hair. Why? Did something happen?

"Yes something did, part of the reason you're here right now." Daniella said.

"Martina why don't you go and find your brothers?"

"Okay mother. It was nice meeting you Christian." I nodded watching her disappear.

"So you may be wondering why you are here in the first place, what's the last thing you remember?"

"I was at my family's ball, bleeding out from all the knifes that stabbed me.. " I answered back. Valentina smiled.

"When you first get your magic fully, its hard to control. I remember my first time when something went wrong.. The ground shook for 14 days." Daniella chuckled. What?

"The thing is that it was nothing when my girls went through it, they were shielded, protected in the safety of the castle. But now, its hard to shield. With warlocks everywhere trying to dispose of witches, they'll find you easily and later track your family name back to Cortez. The Royal Family."

"Wait Royal Family? I thought that was a myth?" I asked

"It's not. There's a Royal Family in almost everything. Witches, Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, and pretty much everything. Just means they were the originals. It's very real, in fact your Shape shifter original family isn't your cousins." Daniella had explained. I gasped. But the Black's have always been the chiefs.. How are they not?

"Taha Aki's family was killed after he left, he was the original shape shifter and he was not related to the Black's in any way. But enough about that time to explain more important matters."

"Yes, by being in Washington it'll be hard to disguise signs of a witch living there, that's why your mother lives in California. If anything its California the coast where almost anything can happen and humans explain it with 'science,' its not safe for you and your family to stay in Washington."

"You're telling me to make my family move?" I asked. They'll never agree to that!

"No not your family, just you." I froze. I can't leave them.. They won't let me.

"Exactly they won't let you that's when you go when they won't notice when nobody will notice, its hard but you want to keep everyone safe." I could feel my eyes fill up with tears. I can't leave them.. My family, the boys, him.

"He was never meant to be." Daniella had said. That was what made the tears come down faster and easily.

"I'm sorry dear we can't force you but I hope that you make the right decision." Valentina said before her and Daniella along with the bright light disappeared. It was dark again. I can't leave! My dad won't let me, I can't leave the little ones either. It'll break them, it'll break little Lily. But it would hurt her if I stayed. I have to go for her. To protect her. Even if it means I leave behind everyone and everything that I love...