Chapter 10

Paul's POV:

I clutched the icepack to my ribs as I winced in pain. My drunk of a father had another one of his tantrums and decided to take it out on me. As always. It was nothing new. He would come home with the occasional hooker and once he had his sights on me it was over. He saw red. Once he was sober enough to comprehend what he had done, he would try to make it up by buying me things. Other than that, it was like I didn't exist, like I wasn't his son. Last year I had gotten a truck right after he beat me black and blue. My eye was swollen shut. The sound of a knock on the door caught my attention. What now? Did the sleazy bastard forget his keys? I guess I better get ready for round two. I stood to my feet and opened the front door. Chrissy?

"Chrissy? What are you doing here?" She looked up. My eyes widened. She had a deep scratch covered in blood below her eye. I grabbed her chin and turned her face for me to see better. 

"Paul what are you doing?" She asked but it sounded muffled from my hand.

"What happened? Who did this?" I asked her. If someone had hurt her I swear I'd make them fucking pay. No one lays a finger on her. I could feel my blood begin to boil as I pictured someone touching her. She held a look of confusion before realization spread across her face and she quickly touched her face before eyeing her fingers. Her eyes widened. 

"Oh um that's why I'm here, you see I went for a jog and a squirrel? Yes! A squirrel jumped out of nowhere and attacked me! In fact, can we go inside? I think it followed me!" I crossed my arms and eyed her suspiciously. She was lying. I pulled her inside before peeking out the door to make sure my dad was nowhere in sight. If he saw Chrissy here who knows what he would try to do to her. I shut the door and locked it. Hopefully, he wouldn't come back for a little while. I turned around and guided her to the couch. 

"Sit here." I told her before I walked to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit that we had. I came back in and opened it up before pulling out the bottle of alcohol. "Stay still." I instructed. She nodded her head. I grabbed a cotton ball and soaked it with alcohol before dabbing it on the cut. She gasped in pain and pulled her head away. "I said to sit still." I told her. 

"It hurts" She pouted. She was so adorable. I gently held the back of her head and began to dab at the cut. She squeezed my shirt as she cursed in pain. As most of the blood had been wiped away I noticed just how deep the cut was. My eyes widened. 

"So a squirrel, huh?" I questioned her. She nodded her head as I dug around the kit for a small enough band-aid. 

"Yeah. You know I do not like squirrels and they seem to hate me, so." She shrugged off. I looked at her. 

"What really happened?" I asked. She sighed and looked down. 

"I was jogging and I-I didn't see it. It came out of nowhere. It attacked me." She spoke lowly. I watched her closely. 

"What was it?" I asked her in concern. I wonder if it was that animal that's been killing people? I hope not. She looked me in the eye seriously. 

"It was a werewolf." She said. I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms as I looked at her. She began to laugh. "Relax. I'm fine. I was jogging over here through the woods and well, I ran straight into a branch." I sighed before putting the band-aid under her eye.

"Well then, there, all better." I teased before placing everything back into the first aid kit. I got up and walked into the bathroom to put it away. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed running a hand through my hair. I turned to lift my shirt to see a bruise forming. I sighed before walking out of the bathroom. I stopped at the living room entrance as I saw Chrissy inspecting the ice pack I was using. My eyes widened. I should've put it away with the first aid things. She turned standing to her feet and rose an eyebrow.