Chapter 36 ~Paint and Blood

Here's another chapter! Vote! Comment!

Chrissy POV:

It's been a week since Jared and Paul phased and it's been an awesome week! I'm serious! I've got a audience when I mess with Sam and they laugh, and let me just say my ego has never been better! But Sam doesn't really think it's funny because he always forbids me to come near him and he won't come near me. I looked out my window and sighed looking at the rain clouds. No wearing shorts today. I walked to my dresser and grabbed a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt. I put them on and grabbed my shoes. What am I going to do? Jacobs helping his dad with something, Quil's on a date I know shocker, Eleanor's on a family trip for some big charity event, and Embry's helping his mom with painting his house. Maybe I could spend some time with Embry? And his mom? I could always ask but Embry wouldn't let me help! I'll ask Ms. Call then. I walked all the way to her house hoping Embry wasn't here yet. I knocked on the door and Ms. Call answered smiling.

"Hello Christian." She greeted

"Hi Ms. Call um Embry mentioned that you two were repainting your living room and I was wondering if I could help?" I asked her eyes widened and then she smiled.

"Of course you can sweety and please call me Tiffany."

"Thank you." I smiled while she let me in.

"Are you hungry? Embry went to buy some paint and brushes he'll be back soon." She smiled back and then looked thoughtful. "How long have you and Embry been friends?" She asked handing me a cup of coffee.

"Since about a few months ago. Why?"

"Nothing it's just, well you two just never really knew each other."

"Oh."

"Christian? May I ask, how do you feel about him?" She asked

"Um, I don't know he's nice and sweet."

"No I mean like a friend, brother, or something more?" She asked

"Oh wow, um, I guess I like him a little, I mean he would make the perfect boyfriend, he's sweet, smart, charming, dorky, adorable, and he's definitely gorgeous." I explained blushing while she smiled. It was then that I heard the extra heartbeat in the house. Shit! Embry!

"Oh hello Embry" his mother greeted. "Christian here was just telling me about how much she loves to paint and would love to help out, I told her that it's no trouble at all." She smiled at me. I smiled back and slowly looked up to see him smiling while looking at me.

"Okay then why don't we get to work then?" He asked I smiled and nodded. We walked into his empty living room where he already had paint ready to go. Was he here the whole time? He handed his mom a paint brush and then me one. I haven't painted in forever! Probably should've thought about that before I volunteered to help. I tied my hair up while Embry explained what colors go where and how. I smiled, he's such a dork. I dipped the roller in the turquoise paint and slowly ran it over the wall.

"I'm going out to buy some food I'll be back soon, you two okay to finish up?" Tiffany asked

"Yeah mom we'll be fine." He reassured

"Okay I'll see you later bye kiddos!" She said walking out the door. I turned back around and continued painting with the roller which I don't even think I'm doing this right. I stood back and all I saw where lines intersecting with other lines. I sighed frustrated with myself. Okay Chrissy breathe it's not your fault it's the damn paints fault! I tilted my head. You know this way it actually doesn't look that bad, just like a small mistake barely noticeable. Okay very noticeable, I ruined the Call's wall!

"Here, look." Embry said coming up behind me and grabbing my hand he then proceeded to roll the paint on the wall in a perfect motion. "See?" He asked

"Like this?" I moved the roller through the lines making them unnoticeable. He kept his hand on my wrist and I could feel his eyes on me. His other hand went to my waist so I felt his chest against my back and his breath on my neck. I shivered and looked at him to see that he's looking at me, that same look he had when I fell off my motorcycle that day. He looked thoughtful a moment before frowning.

"Yeah like that." He muttered backing away. I furrowed my eyebrows and continued painting. An hour later Ms. Call returned with some Chinese, we all ate in silence and I could feel Embry occasionally glance at me but every time I would look up he'd be looking at his food or at the table. What was that? He was so close to me and, you know what just forget about it Chrissy it was nothing! After dinner my phone had started ringing and I reached for it seeing Jared calling. Jared's phased. Isn't he? I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked

"Chrissy! Hey look you need to come to Emily's and drive us to the hospital!" He said sounding really urgent.

"Why?"

"Sam and Emily were arguing and then things got messy he phased too close to her she's knocked out, Sue is here but she needs a doctor!"

"Well where is he?"

"He's flipping out he won't phase back, Chrissy we need you now!" He yelled

"Okay, okay I'm on my way now, just stay calm okay?" I hung up and looked towards Ms. Call. "I'm sorry but I've got to go." I said

"Are you alright? That sounded serious." Tiffany said looking worried.

"Yeah it's just that there's been an accident and they need a ride to the hospital, I've got to go." I told them they nodded and said goodbye. I ran to my car and jumped in driving off when I saw Tiffany and Embry watching but as soon as I turned the corner I started speeding. I pulled up outside of her house and ran inside. I gasped when I saw Emily she was bleeding from just under her eye to her right arm. "Oh my gosh Emily!" I gasped again.

"You two get her in the car!" Sue yelled at Jared and I. I looked at him and we picked her up carefully while Sue called someone on the phone. We got her in the backseat, Sue jumped in next to her. I ran over to the drivers side and Jared the passenger side. I sped off towards the hospital.