The shots

Taylor:"should we just do it or wake her up?"I ask

Susan:"wake her up cuz I have a feeling if we do it while she's asleep she will have a fit"I say he nods and wakes her up while I get the shots.

Avery:"what?"I ask sitting up yawning.

Taylor:"u have more than one cut and I didn't know it so ur gonna have to get more medicine"I say

Avery:"no daddy"I say starting to cry as I hold the bottom of my shirt down with a death grip.

Taylor:I pick her up and rub her back walking into the kitchen where Susan is"can't we just put cream on them?"I ask

Susan:"I don't know the doctor didn't tell us that"I say

Taylor:"call and ask"I say softly not wanting to do the shots.

Susan:"ok"I say and call the hospital"hi I need to speak with doctor strength"I say to the nurse and wait a few minutes for the doctor to get on the phone"hi doctor strength um could we use a cream on the cuts?"I ask"ok...ok bye"I say and hang up then turn to Taylor and shake my head"she said that we could use the cream on the cuts if it wasn't so badly infected but the cuts that she looked at where so we have to do the shots.

Taylor:I sigh an nod kissing Avery's head"baby it'll be done real quick then u can go to sleep"I say rubbing her back knowing she's really tired.

Avery:"NOOOOO DADDY PLZ I DONT WANT THE SHOTS DONT LET HER TOUCH ME"I scream and cry

Taylor:"baby calm down she has to do it"I say rubbing her back"has she ever hurt u before?"I ask

Avery:"n-no b-but th-the shots h-hurt"I sob

Taylor:"but only for a minute but if u don't get them you'll have to go back to the hospital"I say

Avery:"but I don't want them"I cry then get out of his hold run upstairs to get to my room but he catches me just in time.

Taylor:"Avery I know u don't want them but u have to have them"I say laying her on the couch holding her down."baby look at me and it'll be over"I say as Susan starts giving her the shots she scream and cries wiggling around, kicking her feet and clawing at my arm trying to get up."Avery ur almost done just one more"I say holding her down gritting my teeth as she claws my arm. It hurts like hell Susan give her the final shot then I pick her and take her in the kitchen getting her a wet rag she screams and cries in my chest and then suddenly stops and sniffles. I put the cold rag on her stomach an hold her then she falls asleep. I lay her back down on the couch then go find Susan an hug her.

Susan:I hug him back"how's ur arm that she clawed?"I ask

Taylor:"oh it's fine"I say trying to move it where she can't see it.

Susan:"really?"I ask raising my brow.

Taylor:"yeah really it's just a little scratch"I say nervously as she stares at me with her brow raised.

Susan:I shake my head grab his arm and see blood all over his arm"damn she got u good"I say taking him into the kitchen getting the first aid kit.

Taylor:"babe I'm fine really"I say trying to walk back out but she pulls me back in.

Susan:"babe stop ur acting like a 3 year old"I say getting the rag putting some hydrogen peroxide on it then start cleaning his cut.

Taylor:"Ow!"I whine"babe stop"I say trying to pull away"it hurts"I whine but she ignores me and finished cleaning my cut putting a bandaid on it. I kiss her"thanks even though u called me a 3 year old"I say

Susan:"ur welcome"I smile then put the stuff up and start dinner as the rest of the kids come in.

Taylor:"hey how was school?"I ask the kids as Braydon comes to me and lifts his arms up wanting to be held.

Kids:"good"we say except for Jake who has his face covered with his hoodie.

Taylor:"Jake"I say

Jake:"oh uh it was good"I say with my face still covered.

Taylor:"Jake put ur hood down"I say

Jake:"no I'm good"I say going up to my room I then hear someone clear there throat I quickly turn around forgetting to put my hood on showing my black eye busted lip and dry blood from a nose bleed.

Taylor:I gasp walking over to him turning him to me looking at his face"Jake what happened?"I ask

Jake:"some guys where picking on a girl and started beating on her until I jumped in"I say

Hailey:"yeah and the guys where like 20"I say passing the room.

Taylor:"do u know who the guys where?"I ask

Jake:"no"I say he sighs and walks me to my bathroom getting the first aid kit"dad I'm fine"I say

Taylor:"it needs to be cleaned"I say and start cleaning his face as he winced then he goes downstairs when I'm finished Susan calls for dinner then I get the kids seated and sit down an eat after we are done Susan gets up and starts cleaning an I help her as all the kids go in the living room.

Susan:"babe didn't u say u where gonna talk to Kelly today?"I ask

Taylor:"yeah that's where I'm heading now"I smile kissing her then go to the living room."Kelly come with daddy"I say holding my hand out she gets up from her toys an grabs my hand. I walk into my study an sit down with her in my lap"baby what happened last night when I wasn't here?"I ask

Kelly:"what u mean?"I ask

Taylor:"mommy said she had some trouble with u last night"I say

Kelly:"no"I say and he calls mommy in the study.

Susan:"yeah?"I ask walking in.

Taylor:"Kelly told me she didn't misbehave what happened?"I ask

Susan:"she didn't listen to me while u where gone"I say

Taylor:"Kelly did u just lie to me?"I ask and she looks down"Kelly"I say and she nods.

Kelly:"I miss u an whenever me come talk to u u give me short answer"I say

Taylor:"awe baby I'm sorry but when ever you come talk to me it's bed time"I say"how bout after school me and u can play"I say and she smiles which makes me smile."how about u apologize to mommy"I say and she nods saying sorry to her and Susan forgives her and I walk out of the study with her on my hip.

Susan:"ok kids bed time"I say and they bid going up to bed except for Kelly who's shaking her head.

Taylor:"Kelly didn't we just talk about ur behavior"I say and she pouts"bed now"I say sternly

Kelly:"u mean"I sniffle going upstairs

Taylor:I go check on all of the kids and then go to Kelly's room seeing she's pouting"why are u pouting?"I ask and she turns away from me I roll her back over"baby it's late and it's bedtime"I say covering her up and kissing her head"I love u"I say and she turns on her stomach I go to me and Susan's room slip on a pair of sleep pants and lay beside her.

Susan:"u ok?"I ask

Taylor:"yeah Kelly's just mad at me cuz i made her go to bed"I say"she didn't even say love u back"I sigh

Susan:"maybe she miss understood why u said about playing"I say

Taylor:I nod and go to her room and see her laying down pouting and I look at her"baby I didn't mean we'd play tonight I meant we would play after school"I say and she puts her head down"Kelly what's wrong?"I ask and she doesn't answer me I sigh and kiss her head"I love u baby girl"I say and walk out and go into our room.

Susan:"what'd she do?"I ask

Taylor:"ignored me"I say laying down beside her

Susan:"I'm sorry baby"I say

Taylor:"I don't know why she's mad at me"I say

Susan:"maybe u can ask her after school tomorrow"I say

Taylor:"yeah"I sigh sadly.

Susan:"night babe"I say going to sleep after I kissed his cheek and he falls asleep to.